P1's- help with 2nd hand value please

rkb

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3937453#post3937453

Hi guys
I have a load of FMJ kit up for sale in the forums- a bit of interest in most of it but none in my P1's or C30. Did I get my pricing wrong or should I wait til the right buyer comes along? Advice from Arcam fans much appreciated.:smashin:

C30 £530 now £495
P1 £700 now £675 for 1 x P1
P1 £700 or £1300 for 2x P1's
P1 £700 or £1800 for 3x P1's

I don't need to sell, but I have a renovation project underway and have no time to view/listen- I just need to decide if I sell now or store it all for a few months and enjoy it all over again! The way the sales thread is going, I'm thinking about keeping it all and wait till HiDef has settled down in a year or so before upgrading.
Regards

rkb

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
The C30 price is reasonable, its just that preamps are never easy to shift for some reason. I've got two ex demo preamps in the shop that I just can't shift either.

The P1s could probably come down in price a bit to £550-600 each or £1500 for all 3.

rkb

Thanks Crustyloafer

I have two Arcam FMJ systems- was thinking of selling the P1's, getting a AV8/P7 system to do all.

presently have:
music:
CD23 (with superclock upgrade)
C30 pre-amp
2x P1's
(3rd P1 in storage!)

movies:
DV27
A22 + DAVe 5.1 board
P25 3 channel amp

Or maybe I should use the A22_DAVE as a 5.1 pre-amp, use 3 P1's for the front 3 channels and the P25/3 for the rears. That way i just have to sell the C30- and maybe the CD23 as the DV27 is very good with music anyway.
Any thoughts?
Or like the other P1 thread that is running, maybe I should get another P1 and bi-amp:D
Regards

rkb

Greggles

Funnily enough, I have been looking into changing my P7 for 7 P1s. My problem is fourfold:

i) Cost - Hence my looking at the ex-demo/ used market;
ii) Rarity – especially in the BLACK finish of the rest of my system;
iii) Space – Is it possible to stack them? Either all 7 or 4 and 3; and
iv) Wife – Convincing “she who must be obeyed” that seven boxes/plugs etc are better than one.

p203557

Novice Member
Sevenoaks are showing a pair of p1's on the clearance part of their website ex-dem for £1595. I'm sure these would still come with the full 5 year warranty if thats of any help to your pricing. The last few pairs I've seen on ebay have gone for around the £1000 mark.

rkb

Hello Crustyloafer- thanks to your advice on re-pricing the P1's, I have now sold a pair, just one to go!

I don't suppose you have an ex-demo P7 :) ?

Thankyou
rkb

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom