1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p gabriel up and oldfields tb 3 2003 sound way to harsh cds or my kit???

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by mick23, Nov 5, 2003.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    just hired peter gabriels up cd and mike oldfields tubular bells 2003 cd (not dvd or dva or scad vertions) plain cd but have copy prtection.

am well used to peter gabriels voice etc being a genisis fan ,and have old vertion of t/bells on minidisk.

got these cds as they are recent releases over most of my older 1985 cds.

track 2 for instance on tb3 i found way to harsh, ansd certainly is not to easy on my rather duff hearing at very modest volumes,

found the same thing with most of p/gabriels up.

kit used cdm1nts ,denon 3802, arcam cd73t, atlass i/cs just changed to arcam cd73t from nad 540 in an attempt to "smooth out cd replay.

anyone else tried above cds on there kit and found good,poor results, not sure if copy protection is having any affect on sound quality.

the cds play on 73t ok

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Copy protection won't be an issue with protected CD's being played on a CD player,just on PC/Mac.

Copy protection may give rise to a few audible effects,but the general consensus seems to be that most people using average equipment won't notice it.

I think more likely is the general bias of your equipment towards a "forward" or treble baissed sound,combined with a slightly treble biassed CD.
    B&W speakers in general do tend a little towards this,and this may be your problem....short of rolling the treble off a little with the Denon's tone control there may be not much else to do.