Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

P anasonic 50pv500Cab best UK price?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by HCman, Aug 12, 2005.

1. HCman

HCman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi all,

I am just about to order a panny 42pv500, but after much thought, I decided I would stretch to the 50 as I do not want to think: " I wish I went for the bigger one" later on. Problem is i need to order very soon.

1./ Do you think I am making the right decision?

2./ What is the best reputable place (Sponsor?) to get it from & the cheapest?

Many thanks in advance. :smashin:

HCman

2. DTech

DTech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Go for the 50 inch. I am the owner of a 42 Pwd6 and just about to upgrade after only a year and half to something bigger. 42 inch just aint big enough. As far as where to buy - try av-sales.com. Two of my friends have just bought plasmas from them on my recommendation and they delivered them within two days - the delivery guys even stay around for a chat and tell you what and what not to do when youre installing the plasma. From what I've read on this forum they appear to have a very good rep and are very price competitive.

3. HCman

HCman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Many thanks for your comments DTech, my main concern is the quality loss between the 42" & the 50", I have been unable to do a side by side comparison, but your comments are encouraging.

Av-Sales ask £4,987.42 for the 50, but I am looking for a maximum of 4.2K for the plasma. I have seen it for £3999 but I have never heard of the retailer.

Any other suggestion will be welcome. :)

TIA

HCman

4. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gultronics have it for £3999 http://www.gultronics.co.uk/og/index.asp?m=&par=televisions&chi=plasma tvs&o=&p=2

They seem to get mixed reviews on service.

I was going to order one as soon as they were released at £5000.

So two months down the line and ive saved £1000 :)

Personnally i would wait until the new Pioneer arrives as the 500 panny seems to have too many issues for my liking, if the Pioner doesn't deliver then i'll wait for the next Panny,

I think they rushed the 500 series for the hidef market, which is a shame as theres buggar all to watch yet, even at 4k its a lot to pay, the previous 50" panny pe30 was nearly 6k now its 2K and its a great plasma for all round viewing.

I have a long history of impulse buying the latest and greatest,never again :)

5. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If u can afford/get a good deal for a 50 inch do it ...to quote Richie in Bottom..Size counts...dont you read Cosmopolitan