Oz prison drama - dvd

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by encaser, Mar 17, 2002.

1. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,050
    I've just ordered the first series of this excellant show with absound. Any one else getting this and from where? I ask cause I'm wondering about customs and which eshop is best.
    Also wondering when E4 are gonna show the second half of the latest series they aired, that being 4.[​IMG]

2. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    never had a problem yet with customs on any order from DVD boxoffice & they're typically either the cheapest around or not far behind. Delivary is normally about 7 days if its in stock. Must have bought about 50 disks from them.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    HI,

Well, I'm going to buy this set from my usual DVD importer - DC-DVD. Okay, it'll cost me about £35, but I'm happy with their service, they've been good to me over the past two (plus) years, and I can pay by Funds Transfer. Also, I've never been stung once by Customs.... ever! :p

As for when Channel 4 or E4 are to air the second half of Season 4, your guess is as good as mine. On the C4 Fourm - Reach 4 - they've been asked this question numerous times, and all they do is keep saying "in the near future" or "later on in the year". Totally vague, and utterly pointless!

It doesn't exactly help, when the US is now half-way through Season 5, which will also be 16 episodes long! Thus, this makes us the equivalent of an entire Season of "OZ" behind the USA! I suspect that C4 are trying to bury the show, along with "Homicide", "Angel: Season 2", "The West Wing", and now "NYPD Blue"!

Pooch

4. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    What are they doing to NYPD Blue? Sacriledge!

I wish Homicide would get itself onto DVD.

5. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,050
    Just got the Oz dvd set today and it's well worth having. The picture quality is high and nice sound too. Some cool extras with the music vid (HUH!), deleted scenes and some very entertaining and informative commentary by Lee Tergesen ('Beecher') and Tom Fantana. Who both point out the cast and where they came from, for example, Homocide with Edie Falco, how cast were chosen and characters re-written to suit on the basis of Fontana being impressed from auditions and set inspirations.
    It was quite odd to hear them swearing along the way whilst mixing humour with both fiction and the reality of prison life. I think it's the first commentary I've heard with the perpertrators being 'real' as it were, which I found a real relief from the usual kiss ass stuff, where kiss ass takes on a whole new format in this arena:eek:
    BTW if you order it from dvdboxoffice it's France routed as per so no nasty customs rip off.