Oyster App??

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've pre ordered an iPhone 4. Its my very fisrt iPhone so I'm well excited about it. Just wondering is there an Oyster App when I can use my iPhone as an Oystercard on the London underground?

Baz

I wouldn't have thought that there would be an app that lets you use it as an "Oyster card", as they would need some sort of chip to be in the phone that the yellow readers could then scan. However they may (I don't know as I have never looked) be an app that links you into your oyster card account and then lets you see balance / top up etc.

Ian.

Try and push the phone through the slot Baz.

As its an apple product it should go through, come out the other end and that will open the gates for everyone for free for 40 minutes.

Only kidding mate. :devil:

As its an apple product it should go through, come out the other end and that will open the gates for everyone for free for 40 minutes.

:rotfl::rotfl:

If you are using your iPhone with any kind of case with a back to it (e.g a silicon type case) just keep your Oyster Card stored in the back behind the iPhone and you can just touch it on the sensor and go! :)

Much easier with the flat rear of the iPhone 4 now too!

Hi Chalky

Ud have to try abit harder than that to catch me out pmsl. 10 out of 10 for effort though lol.

Baz

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom