Oxygen (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Yeah I'd agree with that. All the ingredients are there, and I really like Melanie Laurent (and also Matthieu Amalric's velvety voice), but there was just too much tedium bogging down the drama. It was also rather obvious that she was going to be a clone from all the really subtle rats imagery. Also why is the computer so completely dumb? She literally has to figure everything out for it to be able to do anything for her.

I did really like the engine effect at the end though.

Cas has pointed out the flaws and he’s right. Despite that, there’s easily enough there for it to be worth watching for me. I’d go to 7/10.

This sounds a shame that it has fallen foul of the time thief, that is so often Netflix.
I think Ryan Reynolds still holds the surprise crown for maintaining a grip in a film of this ilk.
Anne Hathaway is probably giving a phew at not appearing in this but then so was I at first hearing she wasn't.
It does make me wonder if Laurent had a say in this and it turned into a cook too many. Or, is that unfair? I guess we'll never know. Ooh, la coupe du réalisateur...

I'll have a sniff at some point, but it's pretty far down my list. Due my little bi-annual Netflix jaunt very soon though.

This sounds a shame that it has fallen foul of the time thief, that is so often Netflix.
I think Ryan Reynolds still holds the surprise crown for maintaining a grip in a film of this ilk.
Anne Hathaway is probably giving a phew at not appearing in this but then so was I at first hearing she wasn't.
It does make me wonder if Laurent had a say in this and it turned into a cook too many. Or, is that unfair? I guess we'll never know. Ooh, la coupe du réalisateur...

Now I'm really hoping we they release a title by that name so we can rag on it.

Time Thief (Netflix)

I'll have a sniff at some point, but it's pretty far down my list. Due my little bi-annual Netflix jaunt very soon though.

Save it for Smoochy Killbots, I'm sure there'll be some gems amidst the anthology.

Watched this last night. Another bog standard Netfilx affair. Forgotten half of it already.

I gave it a 5 so i'd say the OP is spot on with his mark :D:smashin:

I thought this was rather good. The drip feed of information and the twists and turns kept me gripped.
A tremendous central performance also helped no end.
Admittedly
I’m not sure why the computer didn’t just automatically connect to other unused pods for their oxygen if it was an available option or why the original Liz just didn’t tell her to do it straight off the bat?
Anyway these kind of films require a certain amount of suspension of disbelief to work.
There’s a couple of visual sequences that were absolutely stunning. I really like Aja as a film maker, he’s maturing nicely.
7/10

watched this last night, thought it was cac.
maybe i wasn't paying attention, but
they said she'd been frozen 12 years but was only 40k miles from earth?? i could walk further than that in 12 years??

Crawl was funny. I have this on my list but if you've given Those That Wish Me Dead a higher score than this (and Jolie's movie was terrible) then this is probably going to be decent HAHA.

For me, it wasted the time it was on and wasn't especially good nor was it terribly bad either, the twist wasn't particularly inventive or surprising and if it was meant to be, then it failed miserably. Would I watch it again? Erm, nope, but if your fed up of daytime dribble tv, then give it ago as its no worse

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom