Logan
Batman vs superman
Suside square
Deadpool
Creed
Xmen apocolips

Looking forward to getting spiderman home.coming

Also getting spiderman new 4k box set As Well
I also suggest getting Resident Evil Vendetta for testing noise.
Spiderman Homecoming is Sony yet it plays quiet and blacks are deep.

I personally rather focus first and foremost on getting titles in Dolby Vision, and opt for HDR10 as second choice. If there is a title like Ironman UHD that looks promising based on reviews, then by all means I'd go for it even if only available in HDR10, of course

I thought SpiderMan Homecoming was a very disappointing movie, but from a Dolby Vision standpoint it was all the proof I needed to state for a fact that DV trumps over HDR10 without a doubt. The night time scenes were the best example of this, especially night time scenes with the clouds of smoke in them

What were the options recommemded to get rid of the noise ourselves without having to return the player?

instructions in post 405 by ptruman and onwards, page 13 of this thread:-

Simply put, unscrew the three rear screws.
Gently pull the back rear of the case up (you may need to flex it to the sides a little) - it is tight but will come off. Be VERY careful of the exposed power supply board.

Once off, the Sony drive unit is on the left held in with four screws.

If you unscrew all four screws on the unit you can lift it up CAREFULLY as there are three ribbon cables. You can then put some padding under the unit, and where the screws go into the case (between the optical unit and the case) and tighten up.

You can also, if you want, put some padding on the inside of the top case which will touch the optical unit when it's back on. Bit of double sided tape helps there.

I used something similar to this : Tenura anti slip fabric roll - Non slip mats

Can be trimmed and isn't thick.

Replace screws and slide case back on (it's tight). Try it out...

You can test it with the case off but don't pick up the unit with a disc in in case it jams.​

Sorry I've been out of the loop for quite a while. Has this got the Dolby Vision update in the UK yet?

It was released for about a week and then pulled.

Well there 2 options wait for lg or mod your player with the customer Dolby Vision firmware mine works great

So what's the situation with Dolby Vision on this player?

Is there (or was there) an official DV release? Has it been rolled back? Is it still due for official release from LG?

Is there a source for an unofficial DV update? If so; how reliable is it, where do you get it from and how do you install it?

Cheers

Dolby Vision...black looks as deep as it gets on my setup.
20171022_134852.jpg
20171022_134818.jpg
20171022_133826.jpg

Last edited:
What were the options recommemded to get rid of the noise ourselves without having to return the player?
Mine solution was to stick my CD transport on top of it. It weighs about 5kg. :)

so apparently LG are waiting for new batch with fixed vibration.
will take up to 10 days they said though.

I was vaguely thinking of buying on of these, but it really looks like now isn't a great time to buy one. Pulled DV updates.. Rattly/noisey mechanisms.

It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence :)

I guess even once they get this new batch out, then there will be the fun of hunting down the change over serial number and making sure that if you buy one, you get a fixed one.

Shame - I don't really feel a compelling need to spend a lot on the oppo just for DV.

I was hoping that Yamaha might have updated their BD/CD players (4k+DV version of the BD-S681 ideally), but they have nothing with yet, let alone DV/DA, so was thinking of one of these to keep me going for now.

If anyone wants a modded Version the dv firmware I might be sell mine. Nothing wrong with it just need to raise some funds

If anyone wants a modded Version the dv firmware I might be sell mine. Nothing wrong with it just need to raise some funds
That's a nice deal :thumbsup:
I'd buy a second player if it was on my side of the world :)

there new firmware on the mod site BD38.157.71010 but can not find any info on it ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom