Owners thread for LG up970 4k Blu ray player includes Dolby Vision

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Was only joking any chance of some screen shots if you don't mind
Got ya[emoji6]
I'll try to get some screenshots soon. This was the first actual non CG or animated movie in Dolby Vision I finally got to watch on my setup. Despite beong a Sony disc, once again player was quite and blacks held really well all throughout. I feel that DV Dark Room picture settings are the most accurate to the source, however I personally prefer oled light on my TV to be set higher than just 50. But that's just me[emoji4]

Roku2

Distinguished Member
They didn't use any CG in 'Homecoming'?

Now that is impressive :p
Ok you got me there[emoji6]
By the way the screen does go slightly above black when no actual content is running, however this doesn't seem to affect content itself

Mr Hyde

I will be collecting my player later tonight, my copy of Blade Runner 4K arrived just moments thanks to Amazon Prime Now, i even squeezed in a cheeky beer on the order to celebrate.

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Something I noticed that seems to be a constant in all my DV titles so far is that audio is always ahead of video. I have the player's HDMI Audio port connected to my Denon receiver so I found out taht for optimal A/V sync I have to set the Denon audio delay function from default 0 to -155. It works the same on all of my 5 DV titles.

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Any of you using HDMI double connection to connect player to both TV and receiver?

nekromantik

wow i called LG and now they are saying 3-10 days for another department to arrange refund or replacement! this will make it 5 weeks since I sent it back.

simonlewis

wow i called LG and now they are saying 3-10 days for another department to arrange refund or replacement! this will make it 5 weeks since I sent it back.
Buy an oppo at least they are more reliable.

simonlewis

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Do you own this player? The only way to find out is to go into the software menu and check if there is an update. LG doesnt seem to bother updating the info on the official site.

Portor25

Well there 2 options wait for lg or mod your player with the customer Dolby Vision firmware mine works great

Fred Smith

Sorry I've been out of the loop for quite a while. Has this got the Dolby Vision update in the UK yet?
It was released for about a week and then pulled.

Roku2

Distinguished Member
My unit seemed fine even before the mod
I did find my drive went abit more quiter after the firmware which was a bonus
What UHD titles have you tested so far in Dolby Vision?

Portor25

What UHD titles have you tested so far in Dolby Vision?
Just the one

Power rangers. (Dolby Vision)

Other films.i have tried and works fine
Logan
Batman vs superman
Suside square
Deadpool
Creed
Xmen apocolips

Looking forward to getting spiderman home.coming

Also getting spiderman new 4k box set As Well

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Next-Gen Console is Best?
  • By Rik Henderson
  • Published
Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Top Bottom