Owners thread for LG up970 4k Blu ray player includes Dolby Vision

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Well before I even new about the mod i was waiting for the Dolby vision update from lg and I saw they released it then had taken the update down for some reason so found the firmware sn code so I new that firmware had Dolby vision.

When I was looking into trying to make my player region free I found that web site.

I emailed the company and ask then the process was.

So gave them my firmware version on my player and he sent me to files a firmware file that match my current one and the newer Dolby vision firmware.

The process is

Install modchip
Flashed firmware that matchs the current firmware on the player.

Once done go to setting update and it will flash his tweaked Dolby vision lg firmware.

All other firmware that LG release in the future will be tweaked by him and send to your player like the normal update process

Hope that make some sense
How did you find the firmware sn code if you did not have the firmware installed?From another owner who installed it before LG took it down?

Portor25

How did you find the firmware sn code if you did not have the firmware installed?From another owner who installed it before LG took it down?
I google it some of the guys that was lucky to get the lg firmware before they had taken it down. Details of the sn code if I remember right it is BD37.767.70811

Roku2

Distinguished Member
I google it some of the guys that was lucky to get the lg firmware before they had taken it down. Details of the sn code if I remember right it is BD37.767.70811
So you provide the sn code to RattleByte and they apply it to your mod kit before shipping it?

Portor25

So you provide the sn code to RattleByte and they apply it to your mod kit before shipping it?
No once you pay for the mod kit it give you access to the firmware when I paid for the kit and went to down load the firmware it only showed the lasted Dolby tweaked firmware and not the older one which was on my player.

I emailed him and he sent the extra firmware file over that match my old firmware. So

1. Install mod board
2. Flash his modded firmware via usb.
( example if your player firmware is 123 flash his modded firmware with same code 123)
3. once flashed go to player setting and do a normal update unit will then download the tweaked firmware (Dolby vision).

Roku2

Distinguished Member
No once you pay for the mod kit it give you access to the firmware when I paid for the kit and went to down load the firmware it only showed the lasted Dolby tweaked firmware and not the older one which was on my player.

I emailed him and he sent the extra firmware file over that match my old firmware. So

1. Install mod board
2. Flash his modded firmware via usb.
( example if your player firmware is 123 flash his modded firmware with same code 123)
3. once flashed go to player setting and do a normal update unit will then download the tweaked firmware (Dolby vision).
A lot of US owners who would be highly interested in this for sure

Roku2

Distinguished Member
If you lived in the UK would do the mod for you mate
Yes, I understand what you explained, yet I dont think I would be able to carry it out properly.
I might just buy a pre-modded player from US retailer

Portor25

Yes, I understand what you explained, yet I dont think I would be able to carry it out properly.
I might just buy a pre-modded player from US retailer
If you email the site he mite sale the players pre modded.

As you are in the USA gonna get the new spiderman next week ?

Roku2

Distinguished Member

Yes I've got a copy of SpiderMan 3D and scheduled for pick up on Oct. 17. I will get the UHD disc later on when price drops.

Roku2

Distinguished Member

Yes I've got a copy of SpiderMan 3D and scheduled for pick up on Oct. 17. I will get the UHD disc later on when price drops.

Portor25

Wanna order

Spiderman home coming uhd
Spider man 1 2 3 uhd
The amazing Spider-Man 12

Just worried it will get stuck at customers and have to pay a fat fee on top to get the blu ray

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Wanna order

Spider man 1 2 3 uhd

Just worried it will get stuck at customers and have to pay a fat fee on top to get the blu ray
Just order the SpiderMan Homecoming 4K/3D bundle from Amazon France

Roku2

Distinguished Member
There is a new DV firmware update that just rolled out in Canada, apparently. Did you guys get it too in the regions you are all located at?

CollectorCol

Wanna order

Spider man 1 2 3 uhd

I read they're releasing all on a 4K boxset, although I hated the Garfield movies.

Fred Smith

There is a new DV firmware update that just rolled out in Canada, apparently. Did you guys get it too in the regions you are all located at?
If you read the post at blu-ray.com it updated to the current non DV firmware, LG Canada miss informed him.

Roku2

Distinguished Member
If you read the post at blu-ray.com it updated to the current non DV firmware, LG Canada miss informed him.
Thanks for clarifying. My DV firmware works great I don't think I'll ever install whatever next fw LG will be releasing in the future. Why fix it if it ain't broken? [emoji4]

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Next-Gen Console is Best?
  • By Rik Henderson
  • Published
Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Top Bottom