Ovi Store is live

SHATNERSTACTIC

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded this to my 5800 FW21 from the Download! folder. I needed to refresh the content via 3G (Vodafone in my case) to get the Ovi Store app. Had a few glitches - might be down to the content bedding in. Seems to be a fair bit on there already to download - I've not had time to look through yet.

Recommend your favourite apps :smashin:

Ooh, good spot, am having a look now as well

I tried downloading the ovi store on phone, via the download icon, but at the end it came up file corrupted, then item installation failed.. anyone know what i can do now??
thanks

managed to download it,but i cant seem to log on even though i already have a nokia account.....

it signs in and then just says summit about unable to authenticate with credentials......

bizzare

anyone had any luck logging in?

paul

I managed to log on via the website from both my PC & phone, but unable to download the app on my 5800. Keeps failing. I'll try again tonight when I get home & on a wireless network to see if that makes any difference.

Even through the PC the website was slow, so I imagine the servers/bandwidth are being hammered with us all trying to play with our new toy.

managed to get in now.

looks ok on a first glance.

expect it wil get better in time

paul

I registered and had a look around, but it seems unifinished and it is sloooooooow. Teething problems no doubt, gonna leave this for a week or so before checking it out properly

just tried it now and its much, much quicker - logged on first time, no problems.

Now, if there was anything on there that I would actually want to download, it would be great ;)

Not avail in my downloads, refreshed. 5800 T-mobile.

Has anyone else found that using this causes the keyboard layout style to change? I like to have the full screen qwerty style but when I use the ovi store it changes it to the num pad style automatically. This then affects the rest of the phone (text, web etc).

Finding this pretty annoying.

You can change it back to full screen QWERTY, only takes a second

But it is a bit annoying, not sure why it defaults to alphanumeric

Yeah I know that, was just saying it's annoying that I keep having to change it back.

Also has anyone found that once you've downloaded an app then you can't do anything, it just keeps giving an error message?

Poor effort from nokia, I hate it when a company releases a buggy product, and I should know, being a software engineer!!

Music Store does the same to the keyboard, reverting it to alphanumeric too. :thumbsdow I wonder if it's because the N97 does not support on-screen qwerty entry.

Haven't had any issues on my 5800cwm with the download & install of the three useful apps I found on there. My last 5800xm did have a few glitches with apps but I found this was down to a dodgy memory card.

There's a few new apps this week. Shazam is £4 which is a bit harsh seeing as it's free on the iPhone :mad: lucky my company pay my mobile bills...

The games being added at the moment don't seem to be touch screen optimised which is a pity as I'd be willing to take a punt on Guitar Hero WT and 1942 air combat...

The site is too much slow, i will try to download applications from my nokia 5800.

i've gotten a few things off the ovi store, seems cool. but am I being blind or is there no search option when you're browing on ya phone? the website on the computer seems to have a search.

i've gotten a few things off the ovi store, seems cool. but am I being blind or is there no search option when you're browing on ya phone? the website on the computer seems to have a search.

You're right - I'm sure there once was a search on the device though:confused:

Seems like the Ovi Store needs a BETA tag sticking on it as it's far from perfect. I read yesterday on Ovi's app developers forum that the store was delivering content without DRM protection if accessed via firefox with a user agent plugin!:eek: Hardly going to encourage developers to create new IPs for sale on the store.

Hate to say it, but if this were an Apple product there would have been none of the issues that have cropped up in the past fortnight.:(

Hate to say it, but if this were an Apple product there would have been none of the issues that have cropped up in the past fortnight.:(

You obviously don't remember the launch of MobileMe then ;)

Heh just read the wikipedia entry on MobileMe:rotfl:

It wasn't Apples finest hour, that's for sure :rotfl: But all subscribers did get an extension to their contract to say sorry.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom