Overwatch PS4

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
Is it me or do some of the characters seem a tad over powered

From watching LvLcap's videos i think the over powered one's take a lot more skill to use, so Mcree for instance has a really powerful Magnum style gun, but you have to be accurate to make the best of him.

I like the look of this, but it could be to fast paced for me.

Billy Goodgun

Distinguished Member
If anyone wants to give me free stuff, I'm always after a handout. ;)

Billy Goodgun

Distinguished Member
Anyone else playing this yet? I like it. Although I don't have a clue what's going on.

Billy Goodgun

Distinguished Member
Open beta up today. Smashed a few hours on it last night - very addictive! Team Fortress 2 for this gen.

Here's a trailer to whet the appetite:

Billy Goodgun

Distinguished Member
Really enjoying this beta, will be a shame when it ends. Nice mix of characters, too - there's always something you can fall back on if the one you're using isn't working out.

I even had a pretty good 8 kill streak as tracer last night, who's the flimsiest character in it! Her rewind ability is an absolute godsend, though. Teleport, teleport, teleport, drop sticky bomb, rewind! Awesome fun.

steg666

I was watching Battleborn with interest as a big Borderlands fan but it now matter how much I wanted to like it I just couldn't get along with it. I saw a thread somewhere else saying 'will Battleborn die once Overwatch is released'?

I didn't even know what Overwatch was until I read that thread. The beta for this was mighty impressive (and was still available this morning). All my focus has now moved to this instead of Battleborn. A lot of the time I haven't got the foggiest idea what is going on BUT I love it. It's utter chaos and learning the little powers and benefits of each character will be great. It looks stunning to and for a beta it was really stable to play.

The only thing I do worry about is a possible lack of interest from a community? This thread is a prime example, for a primarily online shooter it needs a big lively community but there already seems to be quite a low amount of interest to keep it a strong long term title.

TomKnowles

I've got to say i wasn't expecting to like this, just downloaded the beta as it was free. I've been very impressed though, as you say a good variety of characters and great fun, very surprised.

SFBanks

Out Today. I got it digitally. Will be playing when I get home from work. Thought there would be more hype for this.

Anyone else getting it?

Played the beta a lot and can not remember the last time I enjoyed a game so much.

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Only just seen anything on this game today...by accident, but really interested and have already read some great things. Will pick this up really soon.

EDIT oddly I searched the forum earlier and search didn't bring this thread up...

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Yuk...4.7 gig update ....on hotel wifi :mad:

Strange as disk inserts and plays intro immediately. Press x and get huge update.... Is the game actually not installing from the disk?

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Absolutely LOVE this game.

No idea what is going on though

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
I downloaded the Beta of this a few weeks back but only had time for 1 game, so dont really know if its my cup of tea...

How does it play? Is it more like COD (few shots per kill), or Destiny (where each shot irodes the health)?

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Tbh it's nothing like either. More like a cross between quake, UT, team fortress, street fighter and Warcraft :rotfl:

onezeon

Is it any good for a solo player still?

Hardly ever group up with others as my play times are so random with work/kids so I like games I can jump on for an hour or 2 and enjoy my game time

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Is it any good for a solo player still?

Hardly ever group up with others as my play times are so random with work/kids so I like games I can jump on for an hour or 2 and enjoy my game time
I played solo last night and loved it.

onezeon

On going to get this as got £22 (doubled my £11) tesco points so only really paying £20

jasonmode7

I haven't payed much attention To this games release but it's getting some amazing reviews .. A lot of 10/10 and 100% reviews scores , even talk it's a new Team Fortress 2 but better !! ,, I may give in and pick it up in a min from tesco

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
I am tempted to have a punt on this.. Anyone know of any good deals/prices?

That said, I still havn't played Uncharted 4 yet as I keep putting it off until I have a decent period of time to be able to put in a few hours every few days (I like to drag it out).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
KEF announces KC62 subwoofer with new Uni-Core technology
  • By Andy Bassett