1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overscan with ATI HDTV adapter

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by owain_thomas, Apr 6, 2004.

1. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I've just received my ATI DVI-HDTV adapter from the states (£25 delivered with todays ridiculous exchange rate!). It works fine with my 9600SE and I've got windows running acceptably at 864x480p on my standard definition Toshiba 36" WS CRT. The only problem is that the image is quite badly overscanned.

Using powerstrip I've been able to get to vertical dimensions down to near perfect, but I'm not having as much luck with the horizontal one. When I press the reduce horiz size button it actually makes the desktop wider, pressing the increase width button makes the picture move left :( Any body who's good with powerstrip know how I could reduce the horizontal overscan that I'm seeing? I've tried using the 720x480 in a 540p timing but that isn't working with my TV (probably because its an SD TV rather than an HDTV).

Any help greatly appreciated,
    Owain