Overscan - service menu vs remote

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by gstadt, Mar 16, 2005.

1. gstadt

gstadt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Can someone advise if there is a difference between reducing overscan using the remote control on a PW6 (h-pos/size & v-pos/size) and actually going into the service menu to do it? I can't work out why someone would actually go into the service menu to do this when it seems easy enough on the remote. Am I missing something?

G

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +350

Yep your missng something :eek:

The pw6 panal only plasmas are alot more calibration friendly compared to the Viera models also from panasonic. ON the Vieras the only way to do it with out going in to service menu is to connect Via the vga port. That then has the option for picture size in the user settings. Every other input on the Viera must be set via the service menu. Once in the service menu though, you do use the remote controll to set what you need :)

3. hermanmunster

hermanmunster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Any chance of an explanation or 'how to' David?? I'm sure there are plenty of PW(D)6 owners out there who would like some assistance. :)

4. gstadt

gstadt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    David, are you saying that on the PW6 you don't need to go into the service menu but on the Viera you do i.e. don't have the function on the remote.

Reason I ask is that on the US AVS forums, Bruzzi's Panasonic FAQ's is back up with a step-by-step guide [with pictures, no less!] on how to do adjust overscan in the service menu. Also, I seem to remember someone saying that adjusting picture size using the remote is different from adjusting it in the service menu.

5. hermanmunster

hermanmunster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Thanks for the info gstadt, just what I was looking for :thumbsup:

6. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +350
    OK,
    ON the panals, there should be an option for adjusting h-size and h-pos v-size and v-pos through the vga port. this should be an option that you just press menu and then picture settings on the remote ect. I dont have a panal I have the Viera model, so I cant be 100% sure. Hornydragon/Maw/Gordon or piers on theses forums have more expertise on these panal only models than me.

On the Viera models the over scan option can only be adjusted by getting in to the service menu.
    I am fairly certain that it is different from the panal only models as they are made to be a bit more calibration freindly.

if you want to know how to get in to the Viera service mode click here.