Overscan LG TV problem

Netman05

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have an LG 42lc2d-ud that's connected too my Xbox One. All the games I play cut off the edges of the screen making it really difficult to see certain parts of the game. I just learned this is something called overscan.

I can't seem to find a button on my remote or in the menu settings that will allow me to remove overscan. Can anyone assist with this?

I had a look at the manual and could see no mention of an overscan control so you may be out of luck in the department.

There is an "adjust" button on the TV's remote which can shift picture around, there is also an "aspect" button on the remote which in it's menu it should be set to 16:9 along with game mode as the picture preset.

However something else you can do is go into the Xbox video settings and run the calibrate TV function it has a section were it will display blue/green lines that will try to compensate for overscan.

As a last ditch effort you could try changing the input label to PC to see if that disables overscan.

I had a look at the manual and could see no mention of an overscan control so you may be out of luck in the department.

There is an "adjust" button on the TV's remote which can shift picture around, there is also an "aspect" button on the remote which in it's menu it should be set to 16:9 along with game mode as the picture preset.

However something else you can do is go into the Xbox video settings and run the calibrate TV function it has a section were it will display blue/green lines that will try to compensate for overscan.

As a last ditch effort you could try changing the input label to PC to see if that disables overscan.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom