Overscan issues

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Merx, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Merx

Merx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a Samsung R7 26 inch hdtv. But I find that it overscans slightly like every HDTV I have used when using component for my 360.

However, my VGA cable does not, but I find that the washed out colours and "smooth" image is not to my liking. Colours and contrast and sharpness are all far better on component. So much so its a no brainer to use component.

I was wondering is there any way to stop the overscan?

Thanks

2. Merx

Merx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Id like to stress this is not much of an issue. Im not missing any HUD or anything in any of my games. ANd it seems that most games were designed for overscan on component

For example. Burnout actually has a black band all the way round on VGA but it fits to the pixel on component.

And the dead rising demo. The weapon and health sections of the screen seem to be floating out in space through VGA, however in component they fit perfectly into the corners like a HUD should. Again the HUD fits to the pixel in the corner of the screen.

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,609
    Afraid the only way to eliminate overscan is to use VGA.