Overnight recording from Sky+ to DMRES10

grandsire02

Standard Member
I have just got a Panasonic DMRES10 DVD recorder that will be used mainly to download material recorded on my Sky+ hard disc. I would like to (manually) start copying a programme before I go to bed, and when I get up in the morning find it all nicely done. Is there any way this can be achieved without using up the entire disc I’m copying on to? (As far as I can see, unless it is stopped manually, the Panasonic carries on the copying process until the disc is full, and doesn’t stop when the actual programme is finished - you can therefore finish up with an 45 minutes of programme plus an hour of nothing). Also, is there any way that the copier can be set to extract more than one programme from the Sky + on to DVD while I’m asleep?

Using the timer facility seems a possibility for both situations described above, but this looks rather complicated.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
On Sky+ you can set it to send multiple programs to the device you are copying to and there will be a light gap between each program where it shows the information for that program. To get rid of that info you would have to do some editing on the DVD when it's finished transfering over. You can either set the timer on the DVD recorder or the one touch recording thingy (OTR) to set the number of minutes as long as it's in the multiples that allows or you could record it in FR mode and tell it how many minutes you want it to record for. With this last FR option don't forget to add a few minutes extra as well as adding up the individual programs.
I ended up buying a DVD recorder with a hard disk as well so that I could record a whole big batch of programs from Sky+ at the same time and the chop them and edit them on the hard drive. With a DVD only recorder you are limited to what you can fit on on DVD.

grandsire02

Standard Member
You said "On Sky+ you can set it to send multiple programs to the device you are copying to..." Could you give me a 'click-by-click' description of how I do this, please? I was prepared to do some editing anyway so this largely answers my query - I'll just wait until I have enough to fill a disc, then start copying.

PS
Could you recommend a reliable and VERY EASY TO USE software package for the editing?

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I do the editing on the DVD recorder.
On the Sky+ box you just go into the personal planner (option 0) and then press the red copy button against any program you want to copy and then press select to copy the chosen programs and follow on screen instructions. Whilst it is doing this you can then start recording on the DVD recorder.
When I'm copying stuff I use the AV1 output from the Sky+ box which is the one that normally goes to the television as this gives a superior RGB output, but if you are not bothered about this you can have the AV2 (video) scart go to the DVD recorder.

Trending threads

Top Bottom