Overheating PS4

EnglishSpartan

Novice Member
Hi all.
The fan on my PS4 has been noisy on and off for a while now. It’s finally given up the ghost. The fan now has a deep throbbing noise every few seconds. Then after a few minutes it shuts itself down. Saying it’s overheating and the PS light goes red.
I have ordered a new PlayStation my question is how do transfer the data. With the faulty one obviously not keeping power. Can I sign in onto the new device and download games that I’ve paid for?
or is it possible just to transfer the Hard drive from the faulty PlayStation into the new one?

many thanks

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Hi, any games that you have purchased from the Playstation store or gotten from PS+ you can download again, just enter your Playstation account details on the new PlayStation and go to the library option on the far right of the screen.

Sadly as your current Playstation won't stay powered on your not going to be able to transfer anything else and putting the hard drive into the new one will just format it wiping anything on it.

So as your not able to transfer anything disc-based games will need to be installed and updated again, PS+ copies save files to online servers so you should be able to download the saves so not to lose any progress.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Hi all.
The fan on my PS4 has been noisy on and off for a while now. It’s finally given up the ghost. The fan now has a deep throbbing noise every few seconds. Then after a few minutes it shuts itself down. Saying it’s overheating and the PS light goes red.
I have ordered a new PlayStation my question is how do transfer the data. With the faulty one obviously not keeping power. Can I sign in onto the new device and download games that I’ve paid for?
or is it possible just to transfer the Hard drive from the faulty PlayStation into the new one?

many thanks
have you opened up the ps4 ? ........

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom