• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

overheating problem?

bulletmagnet

Established Member
Just bought a leather belkin iphone 4 case and my signal dropping issue seems to have eased a little but now i have another problem.
When i make a call and hang up the phone screen goes black and i cant access any of the phones features so i done a hard reboot of the phone with the top button and the home button and it came back to life.If i didnt do this i couldnt use the phone, my mate bought the same case and he now has the same problem but he says if you remove the phone from the case it comes back on instantly, could this be a overheating problem?

Trune

Established Member
id say it is covering the proximity sensor or interfering with it in some way?

which shop has got the belkin cases already?

muffins

Prominent Member
Yep its definitely the case covering up the proximity sensor. The proximity sensor is just above the ear piece.

g852

Established Member
Well, funny you should mention overheating. My IP4 was in my pocket most of the day, very warm today, went to use it and there was a big warning on the screen, saying the phone is too hot, wait for it to cool down before using (along those lines) !!!

Can you believe it!!!

Was working agan after a few minutes. It currently lives in a silicone case...

bobbytoad

Established Member
What does the proximity sensor do and why would it cause phone to heat up?
My 3GS has been in a sleeve for the past year and is mint. I wanted to treat my 4g in a similar way, but concerned with the claimed overheating/ not working

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom