Overclocking MSi K8N neo 2

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by scooby do, Apr 27, 2007.

1. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Guys, havent been into PC's for quite a few years and want to upgrade my Xp2500 mobile set up. Bought the above motherboard from these forums sometime ago, and also a Amd 64 3000+ Venice that apparently is good for 2.8 Ghz. Havent got a clue with all the options that are available in the bios of where to start. I am used to a NF7 V 2.0 had my xp 2500 running at 2.6 on air for over 3 years and have lost touch. I know this stuff I have got is not cutting edge but it will do me. Can anyone point me in the right direction and give me some good baseline settings. Have had a quick dable but keep failing POST test and as before not really got a lcue with all the extra options for both Ram and CPU.

Cheers

2. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Bit of an update, had it running at 2.6 ghz but then I installed my other stick of Ram and was down hill from there. No POST and had to hotflash the bios. So am now back to square 1. Seems like these boards are a bit quirky with RAM I so should install the sticks I am going to use going forward rather than my spare sticks of corsair platinium. Anyone got any other advice. So far I have ended up hot flashing at least 6 times as I could not get to post. tried holding the insert for a safe mode boot but to no avail.

Please help!!!!!

3. booyaka

booyaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,580