Overclocking CPU

Hey guys, I just built a new system basically the processor is a AMD x2 7750 Black edition. The stock speed is 2.7ghz. I went into my bios and tryed the easiest way to overclock and put the multiplyer to 14 instead of 13.5. And when it boots up it hangs, I get the one "beep" to say everythings ok. Iv tried changing the frequency aswell but still hangs.
A program that came with my motherdboard called easy tune lets me overclock to 3ghz and been stable. The only problem with this is once i restart my pc it doesnt save so I have to do this, each and everytime.
The motherboard by the way is a gigabyte ga-m52l-s3p.
Anyone got any ideas why I cant overclock in the bios.
Thanks
Tom.

Last edited:
Theres a picture of the easy tune program.

Attachments

• Easy tune.jpg
    Easy tune.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 2,361

crossbow

I consider myself a newbie to the world of o'cing, but let's see if I can get you started....

With every change that doesn't work, try upping the CPU voltage (Vcore) very gradually as well, i.e. 0.05V (or the lowest possible increase) at a time if there's a feature in the BIOS to do so. I find it's much better to carry out all changes in the BIOS, & make very small increments (FSB, voltage, etc) each time.

Results will vary - one review site managed 3.3Ghz @ 1.45V with the 7750 BE, while another did 3.2Ghz @ 1.5V.

You're using a reasonable good cooler too, aren't you? Watch those temps too!

Hi crossbow again :thumbsup: thanks for the reply. Yeah Iv managed to get to 2.9 just by changing the Multiplyer. Im going to go for 3.0ghz though just as its a nice number :D.
The cooler is just the stock heatsink and fan, I have 2x 120mm fans in the case, Im after one of those Zalman ones, The temps I think run fine about 36 on idle and the most iv got is 51 I think.
I thought myself to understand overclocking pretty well aswell but there are so many options and settings to change the voltages. Ill let you know how I get on thanks again.
Tom.

I consider myself a newbie to the world of o'cing, but let's see if I can get you started....

With every change that doesn't work, try upping the CPU voltage (Vcore) very gradually as well, i.e. 0.05V (or the lowest possible increase) at a time if there's a feature in the BIOS to do so. I find it's much better to carry out all changes in the BIOS, & make very small increments (FSB, voltage, etc) each time.

Results will vary - one review site managed 3.3Ghz @ 1.45V with the 7750 BE, while another did 3.2Ghz @ 1.5V.

You're using a reasonable good cooler too, aren't you? Watch those temps too!
Just to let you know I manged to get it to 3ghz. Just changed the multiplyer to 15.
At first which is weird, It wouldnt boot up when I changed it to 15 so I started to put the voltages up, after putting them up quite alot still nothing so i reset to default settings and it booted. I let it cool down for about an hour then just changed the multiplyer to 15 and it booted.
Maybe its because the temps were too high?
Again Thanks Crossbow

mjn

Distinguished Member
Forget multipliers, and up the FSB.

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
once you have got somewhere you are happy with download prime 95 and stress test for a decent amount of time - couple of hours and watch the temps

this will show if your OC is stable

11NG-Ben1642

Standard Member
Temps, temps, temps, lol

I managed to get 2.56 from a 2.13 standard Core 2 Duo using a standard heatsink and fan, but the only thing to let me down was the core temperature, got as hot as a snake's ass in a waggon rut! OS would still boot but i noticed it hanged for a while every now and again, particularly when being asked to convert video files and the like.

If you have the cash I would strongly advise you to get a decent cooling system for your CPU.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Compaq Presario 133Mhz
128 Mb Ram
1 MB Matrox Mystique
Win 95
LMFAO

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom