• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Overclocking AMD Phenom II X4 955

martyn3000

I will be fitting my Zalman 9700 CPU cooler tonight and hopefully do a bit of overclocking :)

Does anyone have any experience with overclocking the Phenom 955? Or know what the best settings are? Peoples maximum clock speed would be nice to know too.

Think I know the basics... up the multiplier, then do the same with the voltage to try and get a safe stable clock.

I've heard it is possible to hit 4Ghz... Does anyone know what needs to be done in order to achieve this?

Last edited:

buccy

Standard Member
You have the black edition so look at adjusting the HTT first you should be able to bump it up to around 240MHz then adjust the multiplier, go up to 16.5 to start with. A few other steps you might need to complete, check the speed the memory controller of the CPU and the HT Link to the other components it shouldn't run beyond 2600 MHz. Adjust the memory ratio to run the memory at 1600 MHz and adjust the CPU voltage possible to 1.4v don't push it too much as Phenom run very hot! Check the DRAM voltage as well that might need adjusting check the settings for your RAM. This should net you 3.8 GHz check that the system is stable. If you still chasing 4 GHz up the multiplier to 17 and up the CPU voltage in very small increments testing that the system is stable. Be sure to check the CPU temps as well as increasing the volts to the CPU will cause alot more heat. Hope that helps. :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom