overclockers uk

sc1977

Established Member
Reaction score
has any body had a problem ordering from these guys
as im getting quite sick of not being able to contact them they took my money on the 26th of jan so i assume the goods were in stock and ive sen and heard zip they do not have an email address so that you can leave a message for them

they have 2 contact numbers but they have a busey tone all day long i have been phoneing relentlessly, once i got it ringing but after 6 minutes of waiting i was cut off im getting quite sick of this as i want to cancell my order and get a refund

it looks like i might be driving to stoke on trent at the weekend as this is ridiculous what a bunch of :censored: amatures

I've dealt with them only a couple of times and once needed to contact them, it proved less than easy to get through. :(

I ordered only one thing of them before and it took a while to get through but it did arrive. There support is a bit laging though. I use scan.co.uk now which are the same or cheaper in price, there definetly cheaper in postage and you can phone there sales or support and speak to a HUMAN BEING :clap: and not a robot. I like them anyway so take a look at there website.

sc1977 said:
has any body had a problem ordering from these guys
Heard this quite recently about them. I ordered of them last week and goods arived next day though.

I always check out
http://www.aria.co.uk (not brilliant for customer service but reasonably cheap)
http://www.scan.co.uk (never had any need to contact them but cheap)
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk (my favourite, service is great and always get a speedy response. Prices quite cheap but I usually use them as their after sales is top notch)

I tried contacting them yesterdayu to make an enquiry.

Their email address says 'call us'.

I spent 15 mins waiting for them to pick up the phone before I gave up on both the order and technical support numbers.

A useless service... :mad:

TheCrow said:
As I have nothing but good service from www.overclock.co.uk and can recommend them.
Agreed .. sadly they get confused, Overclockers seems more well known. I've used Overclock for about 5 years and never had a problem with them, I only used Overclockers because they stocked something I needed.

they recently switched to a phone only support system, and many people have been complaining of the service since they have. and im not sure if its true but i heard the company switched ownership last year.

on phone your looking at a 30min+ waiting time.

and if the item has been listed as 1-3 days. you may be looking at over a week delivery time. and according to all of the people complaining they take your cash even if they have not got the item in stock.

personaly i have not had a problem, 2 weeks ago i ordered a 3.4ghz cpu, 1gb ocz ram and xfx 5200 pci based card for a 3rd lcd screen. all of it arrived nextday (i selected the special del option).

I used overclockers a couple of times, but when I had a query and tried to call them, I found it impossible to get through. I could imagine that a problem with an order would be a major headache to get resolved, so I've stopped using them.

I've had absolutely great service from Aria and in particular Chillblast

www.chillblast.com

who not only got hold of stuff that wasn't advertised on their website amazingly quickly, but happily price matched against Aria or Overclockers. I buy a substantial amount of kit for work, and at the moment all of it comes from Chillblast, and they've not let me down yet.

well i ordered a 300gb maxtor hdd, icy box external hdd case some mouse sklatz. ordered em miday friday and all arrived at my door step this morning 9 am.

I would advise all to looks elsewhere, anywhere before ordering from overclockers. Unfortunately it is frequently the case that overclockers offer a hard to find item or have the lowest price (ebuyer included) online and so in falls on them. Needless to say I've personally had, and know of countless others, a very poor experience with overclockers and this has been going on for years. Blaming it on a recent change in telephone system sounds like a poor excuse for a well deserved reputation of terrible customer service. They are well known to simply lie to customers that products sent back are working or they have refunded your card whilst your on the phone.

Having said that if you order something in stock it does come on time; it's usually everything after that which is a sham.

I bought from overclockers about 1 week ago, they had the cheapest price for a 6600GT graphics card. Received the card within 2 days.

No complaints from me, but I did not have to call them.

stlic said:
I would advise all to looks elsewhere, anywhere before ordering from overclockers. Unfortunately it is frequently the case that overclockers offer a hard to find item or have the lowest price (ebuyer included) online and so in falls on them. Needless to say I've personally had, and know of countless others, a very poor experience with overclockers and this has been going on for years. Blaming it on a recent change in telephone system sounds like a poor excuse for a well deserved reputation of terrible customer service. They are well known to simply lie to customers that products sent back are working or they have refunded your card whilst your on the phone.

Having said that if you order something in stock it does come on time; it's usually everything after that which is a sham.
Totally agreed...I have also had similar experiences.

I have used Overclockers for about 4 years, I have some problems where *I* have ordered the wrong item or had to return faulty units and I would agree they have always been difficult to contact, as I have just bought a load of gear from them and I won't be needing them for a while I'll tell how I get through!
1. Call Sales Line and get them to transfer you to support
alterantively

2. Call the Sales line and get them to pass a message for support to call you

3. Always make sure you get the name of who you are speaking to

I agree with getting the name of who you talk to, it's the same for anything else, like if you ring Orange up to complain or something then get the name of the person your speaking to and write it down as they could be anywhere in the country in any one of a number of call centres.

call alternative numbers to ask to be put through ? no thanks mate id rather use a proffessional retailer who realise
WITHOUT CUSTOMERS THEY WOULD HAVE NO JOBS

simple as

treat people well and get a good reputation with a good reputation youll do well :lesson:

Yaka said:
and if the item has been listed as 1-3 days. you may be looking at over a week delivery time. and according to all of the people complaining they take your cash even if they have not got the item in stock.

Thats true....they took the whole amount £500+ for an order were 2 items were still on pre-order.

:devil: Overclocker customer service sucks as it does not exit i am in total agreement with the others about them. I have being on the phone all day for 5 days the lin is always engaged or if you get through the line rings for 6 mins then you are cut off for no one answering so i have faxed them still no answers so in the end i had to snail mail them with a recorded letter so i knew they got it by royal mails web site track and trace service and they replied to me in a e-mail.So i got my rma and that was on the 27th of jan and here i am waiting for my money back on the 11th soon to be 12th of feb they are the biggest joke going :suicide: :suicide: and they are the biggest :censored: going too!!! but hey i am going up there on monday morning from london and i am going to film it to see what they say cant wait really cant wait :thumbsup: they will know the meaning of abuse belive after i have finish with them. :devil:

Overclockers are fine if the item is in stock (prompt delivery and good price). Their failing is when items are not in stock or on receipt the product is faulty. Their cs and support sux tbh but they were meant to be looking into making it better some month ago (iirc) but it doesn't appear to have materialised.
I find their forums very useful and do usually purchase most of my pc components from them but have thankfully never had to use their follow up cs.
Some people have had some success posting for information in their forums other than that it's waiting on the line I'm afraid:(

try posting a thread (do not slag or whine or the thread will not last long;)) you may be lucky and get a reply on the likely availabilty of the part/s you have orderd.

I am really sorry if you think its a moan but tbh your not driving up there doing a 300 mile round trip just to get my money back.Its the truth they are a
joke people should know they takes your money and thats it, any problems you might as well call international rescue :) I am down £150 i dont think its funny at all you would agree. Ive used ebuyer eclipse ebay scan saverstore etc the list goes on these companies you can deal with and after sales service is good but overclockers theres none i dont know where i stand at all with them tryed another fax yesterday and still no news so i have tryed eveything possiable to be fair but its not a rant its the truth and ive being treated badly :smashin: thank you.

They strung me along for two weeks via email with tests on my old shuttle pc until it was out of warranty, then wouldnt take it in for a repair. Avoid.

i have just spend a lot with them, and did have a few problems when my order arived, and needed to send the heatsink back, i tryed to phone them but as you all have said i couldent get through at all, so i faxed them and got a reply just over an hour later.

the only way to contact them is via FAX and ask them to email you back.

best regards

mikeyavman said:
They strung me along for two weeks via email with tests on my old shuttle pc until it was out of warranty, then wouldnt take it in for a repair. Avoid.
It wouldnt surprize me in the least m8 sorry to hear that.

stuartam_81 said:
i have just spend a lot with them, and did have a few problems when my order arived, and needed to send the heatsink back, i tryed to phone them but as you all have said i couldent get through at all, so i faxed them and got a reply just over an hour later.

the only way to contact them is via FAX and ask them to email you back.

best regards
Hi there yes i have faxed them and left my e-mail home number mobile number
on the fax and still no joy i thinks they dont want to m8 :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom