1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclockers UK customer service

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Jeff, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I bought some Corsair memory from www.overclockers.co.uk that turned out to be incompatible with my motherboard, I did some research and found that there is a new revision of the same memory that is supposed to fix the issue. So with that knowledge in hand (i.e I already did the donkey work of finding out the issue) I called overclocers. Totally bloody useless, their answer to deal directly with Corsair. So I ask "Do they have a presence in the UK?" Answer: "Well they used to have a web side but it doesn't work anymore!". So what now? I have to deal directly with the company in the US? For a couple of DIMMS? Totally bloody useless!. :mad:

2. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  3. Adlopa

Adlopa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the memory is arguably faulty, then it's up to Overclockers to sort it out. Did you ask about motherboard compatibility before buying?

See consumer rights

4. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a motherboard laying here that they wont take back and i been giving them greif since febuary about it.......

They just tell me to get in touch with epox......gave up in the end and took the lose on the chin.....

Have they said they will change it for another stick???

try to sell the xms if they wont change it Jeff

5. nutcase_1uk

nutcase_1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I bought some memory from my Intel board from them a few months ago, and they sent me some that they didn't even stock. I rang them up, explained the problem, and they said that there was no way they supplied it. I told them the part number off the RAM, and they checked their supplier, got back to me and told me to return it. I recieved replacement RAM in a fe days, and all was hunky dorey. The old stuff has been in their clearance lines for a few weeks now.

In other words, no problems here...

try emailing your problems to spie@overclockers.co.uk (the bossman, Mark Proudfoot).

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep.

In my experience, that's about right.

Over 2 months & several phone calls (international from here!) inc. calls to Gainward (the manufacturer of my faulty graphics card x2) before I got anywhere.

Will definitely never deal with OCUK again.

:mad:

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, HAD to post again.

just saw 666 on my post count - co-incidence I wonder??? Strange :rolleyes:

666 - frightening. Reinforced my previous ascertions - buy elsewhere!

8. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    I have to say I have never ever had a problem with OCUK.

I have built close too 20 PC's with parts bought from them and I've never had any problems returning parts that didn't work.

In fact to be honest I have only ever had to take back 1 cpu which they tested and it worked fine and they helped toubleshoot the problem to o'cin the agp voltage too high.
    Also took back a mobo and they just swaped it straight over for a new one.

A friend of mine had problems with a non working epox mobo but didn't want the hassle of sending it to them after the reports he had heard from other dissgruntled buyers, so he sent it to me and I took it in for him. They tested it and exchanged it with no problems at all.

I think the only way to get any service from them is to actually go in and face them. In that respect I'm lucky only living 3 minutes down the road.

Bry

9. nutcase_1uk

nutcase_1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Not true, as I said. And thinking about it, it was a relatively short wait to get answered on the phone compared to other etailers. I've yet to find a perfect company for returns, but OCUK have certainly been ampng the smoothest so far for me.

10. Dubbing Mixer

Dubbing Mixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I won't deal with them again. Supplied a MOBO which was not as advertised. (different feature set) Sure they offered to refund/change it but that was after I'd spent a day building the sucker.