• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Over to you - help needed on what to do now

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Ok - yesterday thanks to a lot of help from you guys here I took the big step and wall mounted my plasma TV

Happy that its still on the wall this morning, so I guess its time to move forward and make it look as good as some of the installs on here (or at least a damn site tidier and smarter looking)

Ok here is what it looks like now

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now the TV has to be closer to the door as, due to lay out of the room, thats where best it goes to be viewed from the sofa (large L Shaped) opposite

What I really want is for some kind of false / floating wall so the TV looks flush with the fake wall (also have a Kinect sensor and 3 x Sony Golf Ball speakers to install there also)

Is anyone able to provide suggestions / ideas on what I should do next - if anyone is kind enough to do me a google sketch or show me a pic of how they have theirs that would be very kind

I just dont know where to go next

Thanks

Dunk

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Anyone with any suggestions ?
Our current thought and plan is to build a false wall (using batoning and plaster board) that runs from the door to the wall that the shelves are on (on the left) so that the TV looks flush with the wall and all cables etc are hidden

However not sure if this is best option or what would look the best

I have the Kinect sensor which I want to wall mount above the TV (just under 6ft in height and where we have found it works best)

Also after ideas of what could go on the far left under the shelves ?
Dad did suggest shelving to the floor but not sure how well that would look

Any advice will be gratefully received

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom