Over the edge of the wheel

Tim_Hawes

Established Member
Reaction score
Taken at Legoland Windsor on Tuesday, it's looking over the edge of the ferris wheel ride.

(click for original, full size image)

I've tried various crops but they all seem to lose the perspective that the full image has, so I've left it as it is. It's had a small sharpen and a resize, but otherwise it's as-shot.

Comments welcome, as always :)

Cheers,

Tim.

exif:
Camera: Canon Digital IXUS 750
Date and Time: 2007:04:10 10:04:59
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 7.7 mm
ISO: 50

Nice crisp shot. I like the long shadows. It's another shot that's making me feel queasy - I have no head for heights!

Eeuuuwww - makes me feel quite ill so it must be a good shot! I like the perspective and colour.

Would be better without the bars in the way but I guess you'd have fallen out if they weren't there :D

Thanks for the comments guys :)

I'm sorry you feel like you're losing your lunch, but that was the effect I was going/hoping for... :devil:

I thought the bars would give it a sense of perspective & height - I needed something to reference "the edge" against. The blur in the top right corner is a bit annoying, but all of the crops I tried lost that sense of height :(

Cheers,

Tim.

It was taken with our carriage at the top of the ride...would you believe they were giant ants? :D

It wasn't the highest ride at Legoland, but it's the only one that stayed still long enough at the top to get a shot off...

Cheers,

Tim.

I had a similar shot off a ferris wheel:) .

Nice shot..very sharp:smashin:

Thanks, again :)
I apologise as I've been a bit thick for the past week or so - I've just trawled back through the "it's not valid" thread and see what you mean now with your ferris wheel shot.

Cheers,

Tim.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom