Over the edge - first attempt at competition

nudge

Finally decided to have a go at the competition - having been a lurker for months. I think this should qualify as "over the edge" ,it was about all i could think of !

P4111810small.jpg

Olympus C40
1/50 sec
F 4.8
ISO 100
Focal Length 12mm

Levels and Sharpness adjusted in photoshop.

Hope its ok for a first go ?

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
Never mind a first go, it's great for any go. Love the colour and definition on the apple.

I thought you would have had a faster shutter on this to capture without any blur ?

KH

senu

Distinguished Member
Its very OK for any go well done..:thumbsup:
... suspended apples :D: What will we see next???:rolleyes:

SweetGirl

Fantastic idea. Love the blue background and suspended apple.

Guns, Knifes, whatever next :rolleyes:

Great first entry...

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
I love the literal interpretation of the theme. It's quite nicely executed as well.

I'm guesing the there is something sticking through the card at the back - the shadow gives it away ;)

I think it could have used some more dramatic lighting, and/or reduced depth of field to make it a little more dynamic.

Anyway - It's a great entry and one of my favourates so far :smashin:

bowenjones

An excellent interpretation of the theme nudge :thumbsup:
Good sharpness and detail in the apple and blade too. Cracking entry mate :smashin:

alfienoakes

Nice clean image and well on theme. A lot of thought gone into this. It vertainly had me thinking for a while how it had been produced.

Holowlegs

Hi there

Great idea and well caught.:smashin:

Zone

nudge

Its the old exif dilemma again I'm afraid, if you are unable to link to the picture with the exif intact then feel free to email me the original to verify your entry.

Let me know :)

nudge

original has been sent to zone for exif to be checked.

Thanks for the comments everybody.
Wasn't sure about trying to take out the shadow in photoshop, but as it wasn't screaming at you off the photo i decided to leave it as is. also i wasn't sure exactly how much post processing was allowed for the competition.
Finally, apologies for the delay in thanking you all for your comments but it's been a bit hectic here - new baby daughter arrived a few days ago so have been a bit preoccupied :clap:

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
Finally, apologies for the delay in thanking you all for your comments but it's been a bit hectic here - new baby daughter arrived a few days ago so have been a bit preoccupied :clap:

You should be in bed - sleeping. While you can.

Congratulations on the new arrival.

Zone

Received Neil's original are exif is fine :)

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom