• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Over the edge and in

Bolf

Established Member
overtheedgebolful1.jpg

PP : Attempted to sharpen , and altered a little Red/Green contrast. Cropped.

I promised myself this month i'd find time to get an entry in, over the past 4 months i've tried and tried to find time and the inspiration to get a good entry in.

This one is not what I originally planned , but I was out walking with a lady friend today and saw this and thought of the competition .

The pic was taken very quickly and probably could have taken a much better one if I had more time and less nagging from the lady friend.

Original with EXIF is HERE

Goes with the theme , its just a shame its a little blurry.

Tobers

Prominent Member
Well done for getting an entry in. Definitely on theme & captured the moment. Composition is fine too. Faster shutter speed required though.

Zombane

Prominent Member
A good idea, but the duck is far too blurred. As Tobers said a faster shutter speed would solve this. :smashin:

M-C-P-M

Established Member
For some very strange reason, I like this, and what a great mind to have though of such a subject. slightly faster shutter speed would definately have been the order of the day.:smashin:

Bolf

Established Member
Thanks for the comments so far , I agree on the shutter speed thing but my excuse was it was a spur of the moment and I was originally taking pics of my model for the day , she wasn't impressed when I snapped the duck . lol

I like the blur as it gives the impression of movement , if a little extreme!

stevegreen

Distinguished Member
There appears to be a lot of CA in the water which doesn't help the shot and you could have done with a slightly faster shutter to get the motion suggestion, but not too much. I think the motion is overdone here.

Bolf

Established Member
Feel like a fool now , just had a look at the other entries and seen another duck one :(

Ah well . :boring:

SweetGirl

Prominent Member
I think this a good effort. Agree with the rest about the duck being blurred but it isn't easy taking shot of animals.

i was at the mother-in-laws on sunday and there were some swans and ducks near the stream where she lives, i stood there for ages for the blighter to jump in and when he finally did my shot was 'blurred' too.:suicide:

So good try.

ps... your shot is different to the other duck shot..:cool:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom