• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Over ear bluetooth headphones wanted

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
Hi all

After the success of my request for the tv remote I thought I'd ask you for help again.

I'm after a pair of over ear bluetooth headphones with independent volume control that don't need android or ios to control the volume as I don't use them with a phone.

I've tried Sony but the ones I've tried have all got to be used via android, I've spoken to Richer Sounds who have no idea and I've tried searching the web to no avail.

Do any of you kind folk have any good ideas to help me please.

MIghtyG

what do you use them with?

Most headphones I have seen with in built controls simply control the source volume rather than change the headphone volume.

I have a Jabra Revo headphone/headset (more on ear than over ear though) which has touch controls, changes the volume on my android phone and Windows laptop but I dont really have anything else Bluetooth to test with! :)

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
I use them with my Sony mp3 player when out and about, my panasonic tv and hifi when I'm up at stupid o'clock, my laptop and the only android device my tablet, so android controlled not a lot of use to me.

That's what I've found, which is why I've said it mustn't be controlled by android as I'll be using it via other devices.

I have a set of Sony headphones which control the headphone volume not the device but they're loosing their pairing capability and I just wanted to replace them with a more up to date set.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom