Over 40 martial artists / HIIT /Crossfit junkies

very hard as expected, but fun... we didn't really have a break for 45 minutes after the warmup..(apart from when I grabbed the odd 10 seconds here and there..)..

I started off with the 24kg - but dropped to the 20kg towards the end, but happy tho :)
Good work mate, not bad for an old fella... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

very hard as expected, but fun... we didn't really have a break for 45 minutes after the warmup..(apart from when I grabbed the odd 10 seconds here and there..)..

I started off with the 24kg - but dropped to the 20kg towards the end, but happy tho :)

Due to my girly hands, i can’t get my fingers round the handle of anything bigger than 16kg :(

Due to my girly hands, i can’t get my fingers round the handle of anything bigger than 16kg :(

maybe have a look online (in you're interested in buying some) - as some brands have thicker handles than others (to an extent).. as a guy at the kettlebell class doesn't like using the reebok ones we have, but prefers the more generic ones we have.. :) ebay have loads... and I don't have massive hands either.. :D

41 in April. Black belts in Tae Kwon Do and Kickboxing.

I have to ask, but what is the purpose of having belts in Kickboxing? I assume you don't wear gis or doboks like in Judo, Karate, TKD, which require a belt to keep them shut.

I think they are worn for decoration/ranking rather than function.

I have to ask, but what is the purpose of having belts in Kickboxing? I assume you don't wear gis or doboks like in Judo, Karate, TKD, which require a belt to keep them shut.

Just a grading system and roughly denote student ability. Correct, no gis, just shiny trousers and t-shirts :D

And to be honest, i’ve had enough of the strictness of traditional martial arts.

I had that for circa 12 years, and that was enough. The bullshit politics didn’t help.

I assume it is a very western thing to keep the paying public happy?

I assume it is a very western thing to keep the paying public happy?

My club doesn’t force people to grade. Plenty of people don’t.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom