Oven/microwave recommendations

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Endeavour, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Endeavour

Endeavour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I need to replace my main oven and microwave and I am looking for recommendations as reviews are hard to come by.

The oven needs to be a single electric oven. Priorities are easy clean (preferably pyrolytic) and fast pre-heat. The microwave needs to be a combination (oven & grill) and fit in a 450-455mm high slot.

2. johnny70

johnny70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    just bought THIS, great value,

Regards

JOHNNY

3. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Models from Bosch, Neff, Siemens & Gaggenau are all very good quality as they're all made by the same company. The prices for them go reasonable, slightly pricey, pricey to :eek: :censored: that's expensive. I've owned Bosch, Neff & Siemens gear at various times and it's all very good stuff.

I wouldn't get too bothered about the pyrolitic cleaning for two reasons:

1. It's very expensive to run
    2. You have to clean the bottom of the oven first

This is slightly pointless as its the bottom of the oven that accumulates all the muck. If you don't clean it thoroughly and run the pyrolitic cleaning function it will just burn into the bottom.

The pyrolitic bit is a gimmick really to me. I've got an oven with it on and it's not much cop. Not worth paying extra for IMHO.

There's a place called Redhill Appliances who are very competitively priced especially when delivery is £1. Even to Hull! They were very helpful and I'd recommend them.