OUYA gets XBMC support

So many of you will likely have heard of the OUYA android gaming console that has smashed Kickstarter records. Well along with all its gaming capabilities XBMC has pledged its support and will be available for the little box shortly after its launch.

It wont be out until next march at the earliest and these projects often suffer delays. But for a $99 pledge and and extra $20 to ship outside the US (so a £76 cost to us) you are getting what will be a possible new direction in casual home gaming, along with all the capabilities of XBMC with full 1080p support.

Its an AMAZING deal, a bit of a wait and I wont be able to take advantage myself as I am moving house twice between now and march but its well worth taking advantage of.

Kickstarter page: OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console by OUYA — Kickstarter

XBMC support pledged: OUYA, XBMC sitting in a tree, media s-h-a-r-i-n-g (update: TuneIn, new pics) -- Engadget

Just realised this is in the wrong forum, if a mod could move that would be smashing :)

Last edited:

NeilF

I've seen XBMC running on it... Seems to have a few problems currently, but if these get solved could be very good!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom