Outside Speakers

rossco_99

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Am thinking about buying a pair of external speakers to utilise the second zone on my sr5006 amp.

What would people recommend? I've notice that Mordaunt-Short have their AX161 external speakers on clearance at £149.99.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Kind regards

Rossco

Monitor Audio Climate 50s are ok if you have a small space to fill.

Or we got a pair of Focal OD 706V Speakers £360 (£450 retail)... would work well with the SR5006 and fill out a much bigger area.

Thanks for the reply, Nin.

If I'm honest they are more money than I'd care to spend, hence looking at the clearance sale M-S!

Monitor Audio Climate 50s are ok if you have a small space to fill.

Or we got a pair of Focal OD 706V Speakers £360 (£450 retail)... would work well with the SR5006 and fill out a much bigger area.

Please keep in mind rule number 7...:lesson:

Must not solicit business from within posts, signatures or avatars. An example of this is saying 'We sell...'. Soliciting business undermines paid advertising which keeps these forums running. Rule 7 is easily broken and for this reason, more details about this rule are given below.

Rule 7 states that organisations may not 'Solicit business from within posts'. Despite its briefness, this is actually a complex rule to understand and enforce, but which is essential to the continued existence of AVForums.
If we were to allow organisations to solicit business in the forums, we would have many posts from manufacturers promoting their products and retailers selling their wares. This would hinder the job of selling advertising, and it is advertising revenue which sustains AVForums. Readers of the forums would also not appreciate being bombarded with lots of spam, which is what would happen if rule 7 did not exist.

So how do we define what soliciting business is? We have drawn the line at any reference to a company's products or services. Some examples are clear:
Visit our website for the best deals
is an obvious breach of rule 7. Other examples are less clear:
Question: When does such and such product go on sale?
Answer: We have them coming into stock in July.
The reply by the retailer does answer a direct question with useful information. However the 'we' in the reply is referring to a their commercial organisation and we consider that to be soliciting business. A better reply would be
Answer: They are available in July.

Will do boss :)... but it was a suggestion based on a product that does the job for him not simply pushing anything random... but presents value for money. Will word my advice more delicately in the future. They even have sponsored moderators as well :).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom