Outrun 2 confirmed for Xbox + xbox live

Between this and Metal Slug 3, the Xbox is finally starting to get some quality titles...

I'll probably end up buying one just to play those two games (as well as Psyvariar 2)

Superb!! I 've been waiting for a home conversion of Outrun 2 since it was announced for the arcades!! This is superb news indeed!

There are plenty of quality titles for xbox. It was a bit dry during 2002, but during the later half of 2003 there were plenty of great titles and 2004 is looking fantastic for xbox, especially xmas this year!

Indeed, I must say up until recently there hasn't really been anything on the X-Box that has made wish that there was one under my TV. I guess if I have contemplated another console it's been a GC.

Now with games such as PES4 and Outrun 2 set to appear on it, the machine is becoming a more attractive propostition. Well actually i'd buy whatever machine Outrun 2 was availabe on (even if it was the only game available) anyway and if this does materialise I feel that M$ will not only get my money but also the money of many other gamers too.

is it not comming out on the PS2 no more ?

Unsure, it would make good business sense but then again it will be better (or at least more authentic) on the X-Box as the arcade runs on similar hardware. I would prefer to play the best version possible so even if it comes out on all format's i'd probably go for the XB version

If it does not come out on the PS2 then i will buy an Xbox simple as that. The original i had on my spectrum and then my Amiga and loved it.

Better start saving..

Dal

lets hope they make a good version for the home market as the arcade version is designed so you feed it pound coins every few minutes....

This really is excellent news, just when i had given up hope of it coming out for the xbox. As Hulkhead as said lets just hope it is a good version.

Yep I really can't wait!! This game will sell more X-Boxes than anything else IMO. It just makes other arcade racers look silly! The X-Box version looks superb in the screenshots and it should be virtually a port of the arcade (very similar hardware!).

What many people are failing to realise is that Chihiro hardware is XBox BASED. Chihiro is alot more powerful and has a bucketful more ram. But still as long as the old gameplay is there and the game looks pretty near to the arcade then I'll be one happy bunny.

Rich

Yep the arcade machine does have more ram & custom chips etc but developers also have a good deal of experience in optimising the X-Box now. Basically a lot of the code will be easy to port over but some areas will need to be optimised. There are racers or similar quality on console at the moment so I can't see there being much difference between the X-box and arcade versions. I guess a similar comparison is Naomi vs Dreamcast - Naomi was essentially a souped up dreamcast with more ram and some extra custom chips but decent conversions of the Crazy taxi, Virtua tennis and F355 were achieved on the DC.

I have no doubt that Outrun2 will be one of the biggest console games released in a long time - i'm a huge Gran Turismo fan but i'm probably even more excited about this Outrun2 realease if i'm honest than GT4 - and that's saying something!

Okay, So how much do X-boxes go for at the moment??

Never looked as i have never been intertested in an Xbox but for Outrun 2 ive gotta have one, and if its on X-box live too even better. Best start looking at xbox deals although if the release date isnt till November i have a while to save.

Dal

Originally posted by RL123
Between this and Metal Slug 3, the Xbox is finally starting to get some quality titles...

:eek: There are stacks of awesome games out on the Xbox right now and over the past few months! I cant afford to buy them all there are that many!
Perhaps its dependant upon what type of game you like, but I have pretty diverse tastes and just about every genre has a AAA title or available right now, perhaps with the exception of a decent football game. Thankfully PES4 will solve that! :clap:

Definitely dependant upon the type of games I like ;)

I'm not console bashing...I just prefer to play a good shooter, fighter (Street Fighter 3, Virtua Fighter, JoJo's) or puzzle game instead of another FPS, sim racer or whatever else is flavour of the month. If the Xbox had the games I like, I would buy one. But it doesn't. That's all there is to it really - no deep hatred, or intense anger towards the console...I'm just not interested in buying one.

Although saying that I played Race Driver 2 last weekend and I liked that a lot:thumbsup: . It's probably the best 'serious' racers I've ever played

Give me something fun like Burnout 2, Ridger Racer (not the crap Namco just released...PROPER Ridge Racer) or Outrun 2 instead and I'd be far happier:smashin:

Originally posted by LDJ Perhaps its dependant upon what type of game you like, but I have pretty diverse tastes and just about every genre has a AAA title or available right now, perhaps with the exception of a decent football game. Thankfully PES4 will solve that! :clap: [/B]

I definitely don't agree with that, but it's your opinion and I'm not going to argue

PES4 should be very good though, especially if it's based on Winning Eleven 7 International (regular WE7 was pretty average IMO. I didn't like it) That's the kind of game the Xbox needs.

It's a shame WE6: Final Evolution didn't sell well on the GC, because it really is fantastic (it's the best WE game ever, IMHO) A GC sequel would be very welcome:hiya:

Yep I must say whilst the X-Box has had a competent line up with a few great games in the past, there has never been that 'killer' game on the machine to make me rush out and buy one. FPS games are for PC's and I can't be bothered with stealth games personally.

However, recent announcements over the past month or two have changed things...

PES4, OUTRUN2 !! 2 Massive games (for me anyway). I can see that my PS2 will soon be used only for GT4 and Sega Ages games, but I will have to keep it still just for those reasons.

Originally posted by RL123
Definitely dependant upon the type of games I like ;)
Indeed. For me gaming doesn't get any better than the likes of Pandorra Tomorrow, Links 2004, Ninja Gaiden, Prince of Persia, I-Ninja, Madden, MX Unleashed, Simpsons Hit'n'Run, Munch's Odyssey, Halo, Project Gotham 2, Soul Calibur 2, Burnout 2, Top Spin Tennis, KOTOR, Tiger Woods, Rainbow Six 3 and quite a few others.
The only genre missing from the above list will be filled with PE4 hopefully!

All that and i've still not got round to hooking up my X to live! :eek: :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom