1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outputting by rgbhv

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jlcrawford, Jan 13, 2002.

1. jlcrawford

jlcrawford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I know that a HTPC is based mostly around the Radeon card by ATI but is the standard monitor out used to link to a projector by way of a breakout cable?
    I ask cos I use the Rock in my setup and this has five BNC output though I have never opened it to see what it is like on the inside.
    I did see the performance of Kryton at the Event so really Jeff it is your output method I am most interested in
    Cheers

2. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jeff,

Really depends on the Projector.

I have the Rock like you and of course an HTPC.

So the Rock has 5xBNCs.

The HTPC uses a Monitor Out (VGA Socket). Here I use a VGA to 5 x BNC cable.

Some Projectors may not need both Syncs and therefore may only need VGA to 4 x BNCs (as my old 708mm did).

Other Projectors may have VGA input so VGA to VGA will work.

For development work on my HTPC I actually use a VGA to VGA cable and run the HTPC into the HDTV socket on the back of the Rock ;)

You may wanna play with that option.

Regards Neil.

3. jlcrawford

jlcrawford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks alot neil - the vga-vga via Rock will be a great help when I start playing. I am interested in your results - do you find HTPC to be comparable to the Rock in picture quality?
    And is the simple vga output good enough with standard cables?
    And finally can your missus setup the PC as without the pronto mine wouldn't manage with the Rock letalone PC.
    Cheers