Outputting audio through Firewire (iLink)?

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
Yes, but...I've had a DV-recorder on the receiving end...So it depends a bit what you want to connect it to...

S

Skunkpipe

dejongj said:
Yes, but...I've had a DV-recorder on the receiving end...So it depends a bit what you want to connect it to...
Audio passed through to an AV amp

bix

I'd really like to be able to acheive this too, outputting audio via iLink/1394/Firewire, whatever you'd like to call it, to my Yamaha 4600. Searched the web and found no reference to it.

FeiJi Fancier

bix said:
I'd really like to be able to acheive this too, outputting audio via iLink/1394/Firewire, whatever you'd like to call it, to my Yamaha 4600. Searched the web and found no reference to it.
The ilink connector on your Yamaha is only for use with SACD and suitably equipped (presumably Yamaha and possibly Sony) DVD-A players.

However, it might work with a Sony firewire equipped PC - you could try your local Sony dealer to see if it is an output option on their computers.
There is a Sony shop in Plymouth, and they should know.

Welwynnick

Yes, if someone, somewhere knows how to do this, I would love to know, too. One of the reasons I may stick with a stand-alone player instead of an HTPC is to get good audio to my amp by an i-Link connection that uses the secure, adaptive rate control, A&M protocol, I think it is. This is far superior to SPDIF or Toslink.

I recall Colin2305 did some digging last year and found a massive AVS thread on this subject, but I never got stuck in unfortunately.

Best of luck, Nick

bix

FeiJi Fancier said:
The ilink connector on your Yamaha is only for use with SACD and suitably equipped (presumably Yamaha and possibly Sony) DVD-A players.

However, it might work with a Sony firewire equipped PC - you could try your local Sony dealer to see if it is an output option on their computers.
There is a Sony shop in Plymouth, and they should know.
Funily enough my laptop is Sony. Never seen anything regarding it though, was hoping there'd be some magic drivers somewhere.

If I hear anything, will post for all.

Trending threads

Top Bottom