output set up

den9112

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi , hope someone can help me . i am going to buy a tv capture card so i can record tv on to my pc . i have a sky digital box and i am not certain how to set up my card via the cable . do i use the spare rf out or do i put a splitter in the dish input cable or as the rs-232 got something to do with it any help would be apreciated thanks

Use the spare output - but remember to switch it on.

The spare output does not output a signal unless you tell it to on the digibox set-up.

It is accessed via a hidden menu and I cannot remember how to access it.

If you phone Sky customer services and ask them how to activate the second RF output they will tell you - or search on the forum, someone is bound to have posted a how to.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by den9112
hi , hope someone can help me . i am going to buy a tv capture card so i can record tv on to my pc . i have a sky digital box and i am not certain how to set up my card via the cable . do i use the spare rf out or do i put a splitter in the dish input cable or as the rs-232 got something to do with it any help would be apreciated thanks

The connection method will depend upon the quality you want and what connections the card has.
Most capture cards will have a s-video input which is fine for SKY although only SKY+ and a few Grundig models have that output. You could use a scart to composite RCA plugs which gives you both video and audio together unlike s-video as you would need to find the audio direct from the digibox or via an amp into the sound card.
RF is handy since it combines audio and video but it's very poor quality compared to the other methods, suitable for VCD or SVCD perhaps but not DVD spec captures.

rf2 doesnt need activating unless your using tvlink/s, it still outputs same as rf1

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom