1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Output from edit program

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by chrischen433, Jul 1, 2004.

1. chrischen433

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I'm a relativly new user to digital editing and was wondering if anyone could help with a problem I have.

I have a Digital8 camcorder (Sony TRV725E) which has DV out but not DV in. I want to be able to edit my film on computer and then record it onto VHS tape. I have a standard VCR with scart and AV input. My PC has an S video output which can output what is on the monitor. I am a student so cannot really afford to buy any new equipment/editing programs.

So far the editing programs I have found are Avid Free DV and Windows Movie maker. When I play an editied movie through the s video wire to my VCR I am able to record a picture but it is not very good - a noticible difference to if it was played straigh from the camcorder, even when the editing programs are set to use the highest qualiy video. The picture is not as clear and motion is not as smooth. When I export to an avi file and play that the same thing happens. I have been told I could send it digitally to my camcorder then play it from there to my VCR but my camcorder does not have DV in.

Does anyone know what I can do to improve the situation without spending extra money, or if not then what the cheapest solution would be.

Thanks, Chris.