Outlook message forwarding

richjthorpe

Novice Member
Hi all,

I'm trying to automatically forward my outlook email to a web email account. Anyone know how I do this ? Does it have to be at the exchange server where I do this ?

Cheers,

Richie.

mrtbag

richjthorpe said:
Hi all,

I'm trying to automatically forward my outlook email to a web email account. Anyone know how I do this ? Does it have to be at the exchange server where I do this ?

Cheers,

Richie.
I think the exchange server can be set either way. In our company any rules are applied server side, but in others I've seen, you can set them client side.

The Dude

Distinguished Member
You can just use the rules wizard in Outlook to create a rule that forwards everything on... no need to do anything at the server end for simple rules such as this..

The only caveat, is that using client-side rules means the rules are only active when you have Outlook running.. If you want the rule to run 24/7 you either have to leave the PC logged in, or setup the rule on the server.
:)

Garf

If you are in a corporate Exchange environment, then the admin may have disabled auto forwarding at the Exchange SMTP gateway.

I do this at my firm to prevent mail loops and mail storms.

This link may shed some light Linkage

The Dude

Distinguished Member
Interesting that by default the above only applies to the standard version of Exchange2000....
Cheers Garf, would probably have never have known this otherwise :thumbsup:

Trending threads

Top Bottom