Outlook Express Problem - Tiscali Broadband

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Morning All,

My parents recenty entered the world of PC's, got themselves Tiscali broadband set up along with a couple of email addresses.

They've been sending/receiving mails through the Tiscali website so yesterday I set them up with Outlook Express. During the set up it asked for a usename & password which i thought was a little strange when I was doing was entering the POP & SMTP info etc....

Anyway, all worked fine, i sent a few emails to both accounts & they relpied successfully etc....This morning my dad is trying to use outlook & it keeps asking for this username & password (1 for each email address) - it won't accept either of them & so he's back to using email trhrough the Tiscali site again.

Any ideas???

thanks

The Dude

Distinguished Member
are you entering the mailbox username and password exactly as you do when using the tiscali website?

DJT75

Distinguished Member
yep......the log on pop username & password keeps appearing...and auto/default fills but nothing ???

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Error Message "There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom