Question Outlook Email and Others

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by chaz, Mar 27, 2017.

1. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Hoping for some help here yet again from a computer idiot When Microsoft got rid of my old email @msn.com and told me I would Have to use Outlook. Well I tried many ways to get it on my computer and the only I could get it was download it from goggle then have it in my Bookmarks and it worked fine but now I have to have lost my short cut Icon. I must admit I would not like to have outlook mail in my bookmark but I do not know how to do this. If this is not possible could someone tell how to get the shortcut outlook icon back on my desktop. The second problem I would like help on please is that my Samsung 250GB Solid State Drive was full so I transferd all my photos to my 1TB hard drive. Yhe thing is when I go to menu and pictures it still is in C drive there are no photos in there at the moment because I transferd them to the other drive which is T by the way. But if I want to load pictures it will go automatically to the C drive Pictures can I change that so it goes to my T drive. Thanks

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,535
    Bookmarks are a browser specific feature, so it'll depend on which one you're using. Usually there's an 'Add to bookmarks' or similar menu option.

You can also drag the icon next to the URL to create a shortcut in various places.

As to the photos folder, if you right click on it and choose properties then there should be a location tab where you can change it's location.

3. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Hi again Endless Is there a way I can do outlook express without it going to do it though bookmark

4. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    I have tried what you said I have right clicked on to get what you said to get a icon this what I get and when i open it I get the second Picture which I do not want and the 3rd Endless What do I do here Sorry I am so stupid with this sort of thing

Attached Files:

5. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,535
    I don't understand what you want to do. If you want it on the desktop then drag the shortcut to the desktop.

I don't remember the exact interface on Windows 7, but there's a guide here:
    How to Move Windows 7 Personal Folders Like My Documents to Another Drive

6. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    HI again Endless on the Outlook Thing ,to get to my mail I have to go to my "Bookmark" go down to the list to find my Outlook mail then I have to sign in each time. ( Which I did not have to do before ) I can't see on the bookmark where to make a short cut to my desk top. Even when I open Outlook mail I can not see or highlight move to desk top or short cut icon . Just to add when I originally had outlook mail and I had to load it from Google then to my bookmarks it gave me Icon for the desktop automatically. I didn't have to sign every time I wanted to go to my mail. Is there a other way of doing outlook email with out going though all this.Thanks in advance

7. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    Outlook.com is a website. You are viewing the your emails using the Chrome web browser.

You can put a shortcut to the page on your desktop, but it will still just open in Chrome so you aren't gaining anything.

Maybe someone can suggest a mail program which is simple enough for you to setup and use. Thunderbird?

8. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    The thing is I am so used to using outlook now

9. Abacus

Abacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +479
  10. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,535
    You just drag it to your desktop. Press the mouse button down like you were going to click the bookmark and while holding it down move the pointer out of the browser window to a clear area of the desktop.

Not signing in automatically is a separate issue to how you get to the outlook site and may be a security change or something to do with your browser's handling of cookies.

11. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258

Attached Files:

12. Abacus

Abacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +479
    Clicking on a link should not bring up Outlook.

This brings us to the next question, are you using the Outlook Application that comes with Microsoft Office, (Which the error message would seem to indicate) the Outlook Website, which is accessed from the browser, or the Outlook Express email program, as they all operate differently.

Bill

13. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    I'm pretty sure you have never been using Outlook!

Windows 7 used Windows Mail. If you really mean (Office) Outlook the you can set that up to use MSN addresses.

I think you have just changed from the Hotmail website to the Outlook website (both viewed in a browser) and it looks different, that's all.

14. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    I had to do it because they stopped me using Windows Mail the only thing I do not like is having to go to my book mark and finding it there then have to sign in each time I want to look at my mail
    No

15. Abacus

Abacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +479
    Now I get you, Microsoft dropped sync support for Windows Mail and encouraged you to use the web, however, if you follow the instructions in the link below, you can still use Windows Mail minus the Calendar synchronisation.

Windows Live Mail and Outlook Mail

Hope this helps

Bill

16. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Thanks will give it a go Bill.Eric

17. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    Only 15 posts to find out what the actual problem is! :clap:

18. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Sorry told you I was thick when it come to this sort of thing & SLOOOOOOOW:D:(

19. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +390
    I've just started reading emails again, using Thunderbird. It appears/Looks-like the same as the old MS program in Win98-XP "Outlook" apart from the "From" and "Subject" columns are swapped order . . . I prefer this.
    What I don't like is an amazing amount of spam that I never received before - when I started Thunderbird it loaded emails I thought were gone forever.... back to 2010 ( why this year? - Dunno ).... and I had great difficulty deleting them as the program would stall, if I selected more than 30, say.
    I think I'm up-to-date with deletions, but may have to investigqte the SPAM folder . . perhaps using Help, first.

BTW. I looked on my Win7 (32) PC Programs and Accessories and can't find the Windows Mail, which was mentioned above. Still, if Thunderbird is behaving itself (in a few weeks' time ), I shall be pleased enough . . . esp as I can Copy/Paste to an Open Office page -for organising and printing if necessary.

I tried Thunderbird a few weeks ago and got nowhere, but it was my fault as I understood ( incorrectly) that the email address I always use WAS the primary account . . . but I'd actually used a slightly similar email . . . with the same Password. Thank goodness that works OK now - as I'm guessing Thunderbird is asking the ISP on the primary a/c using the password I type in.

Isn't it time PC-things were made easier? I don't have a problem driving my car to visit friends . . . so why are computers so obtuse? This has always been the Achilles Heel for Linux - completely unusable . . . except I do sometime check "dodgy" HDDs using Ubuntu Tools. It runs "Live" - even if the PC has no installed OS.

Good Luck to chaz . . . . hopefully your problems are all v. little ones....

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  20. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Thanks I do hope so to getting fed up with it

21. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    I know this much I am hating having to sign in every time I want to read my emails I wish there was a way round this