Outlook 2007 slow since Windows Update

Stiggy

Havn't noticed on my Vista lappy or works XP desktop Stiggy. You using 7?
Yes, I'm on Windows 7.

I just wanted some feedback from other users before I start uninstalling updates. I've done a defrag of my disk and a compaction of the .pst file, but it's still really slow compared to before the updates.

namuk

Distinguished Member
Wondered why Outlook 2007 was so slow after update, i was going to look into this tonight, you saved me allot of time mate , thanks :smashin:

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
Mm, I have that update installed and my Outlook is just the same. May be I'm just lucky!

EDIT: SWMBO's XP & Office 2007 as ground to a snails pace with that update.

Last edited:

WildeKarde

I was having the same issue and thought it was the amount of emails kicking around in it - ah well I did clear 90mb of sent mails :)

Uninstalled the update and it's really quick now

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Vista/Outlook 2007. Outlook slowed to a crawl today almost a fortnight after the update.

Un installing KB2412171 fixed it.

xanadu

Standard Member
I have Vista and Outlook 2007 was grinding to a halt. I deleted loads no effect.

Just uninstalled the "Office Outlook 2007 update: December 14, 2010"

and back to normal. I note message below from Microsoft!

"Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available."

HaslemereShrimp

Standard Member
Thanks Guys.

My Outlook ground to a halt but I had just deleted an Exchange account so I assumed that this had somehow caused it.
Uninstalling KB2412171fixed the issue immediately.
Others may be interested to note that I had also lost the ability to autoarchive and the autoarchive tab disappeared from the folders properties. All this came back after uninstalling KB2412171.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
KB2412171 (January 11, 2011) is offered in this months patches.

Cannot find any info yet if this patch has been updated and fixed.

I have installed it and up to now the previous issues have not recurred.

HaslemereShrimp. The autoarchive tab is available to me.

Will give it a few days trial.

Last edited:

Trending threads

Top Bottom