Outlook 2007 and Hotmail

Goody

Hi. I am hoping some knowledgeable person can give me a bit of help with a problem I have spent far too much time searching to resolve to no avail. I have for many years accessed my Hotmail account through Outlook Express with no problems and it all synched well.

I am now using Outlook 2007 but in my efforts to give me more space on my hard drive, I have deleted a large number of Hotmail e-mails in Outlook. I have also deleted them from my deleted items folder but I believe they are still in the .pst folder on my hard drive, thus I have not actually freed up any space on my computer!

For non-Hotmail e-mail accounts, I understand that you can free the space by compacting the personal outlook files but you I cannot see any way to do this with the Hotmail account.

Indeed, when I try to access this option via File, Data Management, Data files, beside my Hotmail account, instead of a location like it shows for other accounts, it just shows "Not available". When I access the .pst files, it is my belief that the Hotmail deleted e-mails I wish to permanently delete are all in the same folder as the Inbox and sent items I wish to keep so, my question is, how do I delete the deleted ones from my computer?

Online help also suggests purging the deleted items, but I do not have a purge option and, after far too many hours spent in front of the computer, I am ondering whether anyone has an answer as to how I can sort this out. :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom