Outlander French version

Seems this isn't coming out on UK Reg B for a while and the Reg A version is locked...does anybody own the French version as yet? And if so, are the French subs "burnt in" - ie, you can't turn them off...?

Many thanks

Chris McEneany

Hey dude! :)

Although I've not got the French version, apparently it does have subs burnt in, mate.

I'm about to review the Canadian edition from the fools at Alliance. Cropped from sumptuous 2.35:1 to a ridiculous 1.78:1, as they've done before with other titles, and even the up-coming Blade. Director McCain's compositions during the frequent action scenes are now tight and unclear, although I was surprised at how well some of the majestic locations still looked, despite this lunacy.

And, not only that, but they seem to have ditched "black" from the transfer as well, reducing all the night-time scenes to a dismal selection of sickly greys.

Ahem, great sound though.

I have no doubt that the UK and US editions will not make such a terrible error with the OAR. So, unless you can live with the French subs, it is best to wait - although the SD counterpart preserves the 2.35:1 aspect.

Cheers,

Chris McEneany :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom