Outer Range (Amazon 4K) Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

Whilst pq is generally fine there are a few scenes where it suffers, thankfully its not as bad as reacher, where similar issues were found. It becomes distracting as large areas of the screen were flickering between different colours and blocking.

With regards to the show, I'm hooked, and really enjoying it. Hoping all questions are answered by the end.

I'm not sure that we will, I watched an interview with Josh Brolin and he's hoping to get 3 seasons out of the show.

I believe I know who the woman back-packer is as it seemed rather obvious.

I'm guessing the Sheriff knows more than she's letting on, maybe some of her ancestors have a story about Royal appearing hundreds of years ago.

So these release in 2 episodes a week?

I went to watch episode 3 last night and saw episode 4 as well, unless I missed one last week.

Seems a lot of people feel that Amazon over the ATV gives a bad picture, but The Expanse has excellent PQ watched that way, so I personally put it down to the individual series.

Another update on this show. Episodes 5 and 6 are free of the artefacts previously discussed, but are once again in SDR. Clearly, someone, somewhere at Amazon is having a nightmare with this series. They keep switching back and forth from HDR to SDR every time new episodes are out, with the HDR riddled with issues.

The UHD version of this series is/was so dark anyway that 'downgrading' to standard definition is no real loss at all.

It's a shame that they cannot seem to get it right, as it is one series that would look stunning in UHD if done right. I always quote The Expanse as an example that Amazon CAN do excellent UHD. It just seems to depend on the actual Company sub-contracted to produce the series.

Picture quality was shocking at times and I also found it hard going bordering on sleep inducing. Don’t think I can bring myself to sit thorough “oh whats the giant black void really about”….4/10
I started watching last night. Turned it off after 2 mins. Unwatchable picture quality wise. If this is what all future Amazon programs are going to be stored like then they’ve lost me as a viewer of their material.

It's a shame that they cannot seem to get it right, as it is one series that would look stunning in UHD if done right. I always quote The Expanse as an example that Amazon CAN do excellent UHD. It just seems to depend on the actual Company sub-contracted to produce the series.
Speaking of which, if you want to see HDR done right, check out Shining Girls, the new Apple TV+ supernatural thriller. Not only another great show from Apple, but the HDR grading and picture generally is reference quality.

Not sure what to make of this show. Definitely losing my interest, it’s taking too long to get anywhere. Have noticed myself picking up my phone during scenes and knowing I’m not missing anything important.

Scores dropping for me. I’ll watch the season but, if there’s no real improvement, I’ll give s2 - if there is one - a miss.

Not sure what to make of this show. Definitely losing my interest, it’s taking too long to get anywhere. Have noticed myself picking up my phone during scenes and knowing I’m not missing anything important.

Scores dropping for me. I’ll watch the season but, if there’s no real improvement, I’ll give s2 - if there is one - a miss.

Yea that's what I was thinking about Season 2 as well, if there is one I strongly question how good it'll be.

Speaking of which, if you want to see HDR done right, check out Shining Girls, the new Apple TV+ supernatural thriller. Not only another great show from Apple, but the HDR grading and picture generally is reference quality.
The scene where rainbow colours are reflected on a persons coat,looked amazing. :)

All six eps now watched on Prime via tv app on a Panny 65" OLED. UHD Quality perfectly good and sound ok with great bass moments. Yes it can be a little slow but an excellent series 7/10 from me.

I thought the same with the view that a spectacular ending could make up for the plot's lack of progress. Having now watched all episodes I'll let you be the judge of the ending's quality.

I thought the same with the view that a spectacular ending could make up for the plot's lack of progress. Having now watched all episodes I'll let you be the judge of the ending's quality.

Are the last episodes of the season now available..?? I can only watch up to episode 6 on Prime.

6 only atm, another 2 episodes in the next few days, 2 new eps a week.

Another update on this show. Episodes 5 and 6 are free of the artefacts previously discussed, but are once again in SDR. Clearly, someone, somewhere at Amazon is having a nightmare with this series. They keep switching back and forth from HDR to SDR every time new episodes are out, with the HDR riddled with issues.

Not sure why that would be the case . There is nothing particularly complex about mastering hdr .

Been quite enjoying this show, but halfway through the penultimate episode i realised I just didn't care anymore.

As is so often the case these days, an intriguing premise ends up veering into drawn-out mediocrity. Same thing with Moon Knight recently too.

Just watched the last two episodes and I’m ultimately disappointed.

It has the makings of a good show but I just felt that it took 8 episodes to get to where it should have been by 4 or 5. Far too much fluff and filler, IMO, and not nearly enough of the interesting stuff.

Shows have a habit of becoming ‘too clever by half’ in their latter seasons - this managed it in its first.

I’ll only watch the second season as a binge if the reviews suggest a marked improvement.

Has a second season been confirmed already?

I think I might hold off on this anyway. I did fancy it, but not so sure now when there's an abundance of great other stuff I've not started yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom