Outdoor TV aerial indoors

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by sheriffrusty, Aug 21, 2005.

1. sheriffrusty

sheriffrusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 14 element wideband TV aerial in my bedroom (I don't have a loft and I live in a rented flat). It's hidden away enough to be inobtrusive, but I'm a bit worried about the effects of having it located very close to my bed. Do any of the forum users know if there is anything to worry about in regard to my health?
    I realise this is a rather bizarre question! :D

2. Warpaint

Warpaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Other than breaking your neck when you trip over it I think you'll be quite safe. :devil:
    The aerial is completely passive and not generating any harmful emmissions.

Are you getting a good signal?

3. sheriffrusty

sheriffrusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the New Town in Edinburgh and I have a line of sight to the transmitter which is only 8 miles away, so my signal is very good.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The aerial isn't transmitting anything, so (other than physically injuring yourself on it) you're quite safe.

5. sheriffrusty

sheriffrusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I realise it isn't actively transmitting anything, but I thought that electromagnetic fields were produced between the elements which might be harmful to my brain, in the same way that it's not recommended to keep a tv close to a child's bed because of the radiation it emits. Perhaps not :) Thanks for the help guys.