1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outdoor Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Beccy Miles, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Beccy Miles

Beccy Miles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are some speakers advertised at the top of the forum page which work outdoors. Does anyone know if these are good or not.

We are having a new shed put in out back garden soon and i want to be able to have some music playing while we entertain friends etc, but i don't just want a little cd player up there. I want to do it properly.

Will i need to get special speaker wire?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. Beccy Miles

Beccy Miles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for those links.

Aren't Bose speakers supposed to be crap though. I have read some not so nice comments about them in the past?

4. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I think we need to clarify that here: Bose Acoustimas cubes and their partnering subs are pants (and expensive). Other Bose speakers are better IMO, but still aren't exactly cheap. Those ones that Horny suggested that look like potplants look hilarious.

The next ones down the 151's are OK, but I'd still rather buy a set of cheap Gales or something from RS and replace them every 6 months when they rot. Should get around 4 years worth of changes out of the money you'll spend on Bose. And better sound too.

5. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    companies like Sonance and speakercraft also make outdoor speakers. i Use Sonance Mariners and have never had any trouble, they do a great job for BBQ season - looks like its gone now though:(

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    bose lifestyle is not great for the money but it is "lifestyle" not audiophile! Bose environmental speakers are actually pretty good! Sonace are nice for boring outdoor jobies but in a soundhenge enclosure csn be very unobtrousive.

7. muzz10

muzz10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the Bose 251's for outdoor use and happy with them. Bose factory store (Portsmith) or the US is the best place to buy them from.
    Guar for 5 years in any conditions you throw at them.

8. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i've got some boston outdoor speakers..... they sound perfectly acceptable and are great for the all weather abilities.... believe it or not, they actually work submerged! :D and before you ask..... they are mounted above a hot tub and some silly person knocked one off the wall :eek: