1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outdoor speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Ash007, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Ash007

Ash007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone recommend or advise on outdoor speakers. I want reasanable quality ones to go with my Denon 3802 and B&W speakers around the house.
    I've seen some Sonance speakers in rocks and plantpots, but I nothing about Sonance or if there reasonable quality or not or a bit of a gimmick.

Any help appreciated.

Chris

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,940
    ash007

Sonance are a 'BIG' US brand - they cover every angle of 'installation' speakers up to and including full THX ULTRA units - not inexpensive.

You have Three options with the outdoor Sonance range:

Mariner - conventional shaped polycarbonate enclosures that are fully weather proof. They come in white and you can paint them to suit your decor.

CRK - rock like weatherproof speakers if you want a more 'discrete' installation.

Soundhenge - rock like enclosures you can house the mariner cabinets in to make them 'blend' with your garden.

A set of the Mariner 100 - with the SoundHenge covers if you want/need that look should work well for you. Though these are party/mood/background speakers - its not outdoor HiFi.

Best regards

Joe