1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outdoor speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Cheenis, May 4, 2004.

1. Cheenis

Cheenis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for some advice/ suggestions with regard to some outdoor speakers - I've had a look at the Bose speakers but they are really over kill since the space is not very big and I don't need the whole street to hear it! Plus I don't really feel the need to spend £300 just for the few days a year I get to spend outside. Max I would like to spend is £150.

I'd like the speakers to plug into my Bose Lifestyle 8 system, so any advice on that is also gratefully received - I presume that I just plug them into the jacks on the back of the control unit, but if it is a nightmare setting it all up then I'd like to know before I dive in!

Finally I'd love to be able to have a wireless transfer, but I assume this is not possible - I'd love to be proved wrong!

Cheers

Cheenis

2. Bluey

Bluey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I was just about to ask the same question.Have you looked at anything yet?I was thinking about the rock speakers or making some out of some planters with some water resistant speakers. I did find some for use on boats but lost the website:oops:

4. Cheenis

Cheenis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only speakers I have looked at are the Bose ones, but they really are overkill for what I want. They sound great for what they are, price, etc - to view them, wonder around pubs with beer gardens (a tough job I know) and I have no doubt you will find some somewhere. They are pretty much bullet proof!

I'm now considering the idea of just wiring up some speakers nearer to the door since the outdoor space I wish to cover really is quite small & doesn't require full outdoor speakers, it just would have been a nice touch... cheers for the info though guys.

5. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Hi Cheenis have have just got a outdoor frog speaker and i can recomend it, take a look here .This is were i got it from.Not tried it outside yet but it sound good for what it is:smashin:

6. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    could try boston acoustics, I have a pair from them. Still overkill in my view though. Frankly the acoustics of outside are so enormously different to inside, I dont think it is worth spending anything but the bare minimum for limited use. After I bought mine, I saw some plastic shelled speakers in RS (probably arison or something) that would probably have worked quite ok for only £10..... not strictly waterproof, but if you are putting them in a pot or something, thats less of a concern. And anyhow, if they do get damaged, it is only another £10 to start again

ad

7. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Forget the speakers from rs there crap ,i had some :blush: .Set the frog up outside ,what a cracking speaker can't fault it at all and the little lady loves it(that makes a change).I didn't get chance to connect it to amp that im going to use so i used the daughters micro thing and it sounded great and that was using about 40m of mains cable. :smashin: