Outdoor Smart Sockets

Paul Simons

Hi all,

Am quite new to all this smart technology but as I'm about to start renovating my garden I thought it was the right time to also look at converting my garden lighting to being smart.

I'm looking for a smart outdoor double socket that i can link to my alexa and if possible will help extend the range of my wi fi.
I'm looking at the socket itself to be smart as some of the lighting i currently and will be using isn't smart and so will keep those outdoor lighting costs down but will also allow me to also control via the app controlling water pumps for water features etc.

While looking into this is there a particular make / brand of smart plugs / sockets /technology as there seems to be more and more on the market which are better at one thing than another and slowly needing multiple apps and hubs to control these, Phillips, kasa, tp link, Knigthsbridge etc.

any help would be much appreciated.

Basinguy

Knightsbridge product are usually good, they do a smart outdoor 2g socket which isn't expensive and connects to WiFi so no need for additional hardware

Seb Briggs

Distinguished Member
Actually Shelly now have an external socket that can incorporate their module in it so maybe perfect and low cost . Though you would need two if you want a double

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom