Outdoor security floodlight or camera questions

ngac

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

just trying to beef up my outdoor security and wouldn’t mind peoples opinion.

i currently have a ring doorbell and that does a good job at the front of the house. I have added a motion detector and hue lights for the garage here so the front is pretty covered.

I have one PIR floodlight on the side of the house (like a guinnnel about the width of two paving stones). I have one PIR floodlight on the rear of house covering the back garden. These two PIR floodlights are broken so I’m reevaluating how to best replace them.
My initial thought was to get two new PIR Floodlights for about £30 each and some blink or EUFA cameras for side and back of house for 105 or 199 total £165/259.

I then saw the ring floodlight with camera which looked good until I realised I would be tied in to a £8 a month subscription so ruled this out.

So then I looked at the EUFY floodlight with camera option but they are quite pricey (159 each) and I wonder if the angle of the one at the side of the house would deem it unusable as it would need to have both light and camera pointing direcly downdue to how narrow it is.

Other option is to have just one floodlight with camera at the back and normal PIR on side. (189 but with no camera coverage on side)

what do people think, anyone used any of the options?

do you not already pay the subscription for saving the Ring doorbell videos?
anyway
I have Ring floodlights to the front and rear of the house since Ring added modes it works perfectly for my needs

do you not already pay the subscription for saving the Ring doorbell videos?
anyway
I have Ring floodlights to the front and rear of the house since Ring added modes it works perfectly for my needs
I do but it’s 2 a month rather then 8. Steep rise. Do u think they would work with a completely down angle?

I do but it’s 2 a month rather then 8. Steep rise. Do u think they would work with a completely down angle?
I have the rear floodlight fairly high up and it works fine and covers the whole back garden
the subscription is a bind and IMO Ring products are no good without it

I believe Blink are also subscription now @ £2.50 per camera per month and TBH they are pretty garbage cameras especially at night. Honestly all of these options look expensive compared some 4mp Hikvision Cameras, which if you bought ColorVu cameras you wouldn't need to worry about floodlights.

I believe Blink are also subscription now @ £2.50 per camera per month and TBH they are pretty garbage cameras especially at night. Honestly all of these options look expensive compared some 4mp Hikvision Cameras, which if you bought ColorVu cameras you wouldn't need to worry about floodlights.
I did consider this option but I’m rubbish at DIY and not sure I can be bothered with the drilling and cable laying. I do however have synology NAS and I know they work with synology surveillance system but again the hassle of drilling and installing puts me off

PS thanks for the info re blink I had missed that. Rules them out.

Am using the Ring outdoor wireless battery powered security camera with a build-in light. The light is very bright when it triggers and the camera takes 2 batteries for a good life. No power or network cables in sight.

I got the eufy system. Battery powered cams and hard wired floodlight/cam

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom